PDA

View Full Version : Paddock boots for wide feet

jay0087
Mar. 14, 2012, 08:06 PM
I am having the hardest time finding a new pair of paddock boots. I had the Ariat Heriate III rt and killed three pairs of them. The stitching on the outside of the front of the boot kept falling apart.

A guy at the Pa horse expo recommended the Ariat colbalt Quantum in a 9.5 c. But on Ariats website that does not come in a c wide. I tried on the Volant and really liked them but they dont fit with my half chaps. I dont have the money to buy the ones that go with it.

I then tried to go with mens. Tried Ariat Colbalt in an 8, to big long wise but felt great width wise. Ordered the 7.5 and they feel tight and kinda hurt.

I have been looking at Dover Since they replaced my broken boots and would like to stick with them since the return policy is great. I have no clue where to go from here :confused: Anyone have any suggestions?

whicker
Mar. 14, 2012, 08:27 PM
I'm over here from eventing/hunting land. I literally feel your pain, as I spent the day trying to find wide sneakers.

I found the mountain horse paddock boots run wider than ariat. I have the "Celine" zip up for riding. I liberally applied leather stretch to the toe box and then kept conditioning them. I also use shoe trees,(when I remember).

If no one has a better idea, Dehner does make custom paddock boots, too...

ReSomething
Mar. 14, 2012, 08:36 PM
Mtn horse paddock boots run wide, but my high arch blew out the zipper on two pair - took about a year each but I liked those boots and was pretty unhappy. I finally settled on some Ovations(? can't find them to check) with laces. Too long, as usual, but they fit OK, just not planning on doing any hiking in them.

If those Dehners run less than $300 they would definitely be worth it - three pair of boots bought over three years at $100 a pop plus aggravation - it comes out the same.

PinkBoots
Mar. 14, 2012, 08:41 PM
Blundstones. Dover has em :)

MHM
Mar. 14, 2012, 08:52 PM
If those Dehners run less than $300 they would definitely be worth it - three pair of boots bought over three years at $100 a pop plus aggravation - it comes out the same.

If you're thinking along those lines, I highly recommend Kroops. Mine have worn like iron. Knock wood. ;)

Their website says they start at $315. The ones I have now have lasted for more than a decade.

Www.kroopboots.com