PDA

View Full Version : Samshield Shadow Matte?

KingoftheRoad
Mar. 14, 2012, 05:16 PM
Anybody seen one of the Samshield "entry-level" helmet? Does it look cheap, or would it be OK? I ride jumpers, and I currently have the GPA Air-S, which already has that matte plastic shell, which I love, since I don't have to worry about keeping it clean.

The Shadow Matte is $100 less than the premium, but if I'm going to spend that much, I don't want someone thinking I got the bo-bo version! :) *Flashbacks to elementary school......*

Love to know what you guys think!

jumpingmaya
Mar. 14, 2012, 05:20 PM
Direct from WEF here... they are everywhere!
Even the pros were them... Really sharp looking helmet!
I have the "regular" Samshield and love it... but wouldn't hesitate to get the shadow matte as my next one! :)

ElisLove
Mar. 14, 2012, 05:22 PM
I am SO not a fan of the samshield helmets!! The ones that are kinda faric (CO fabric looking) really look terrible to me! I saw someone with a shinier smooth cover that looked ok.
I tried on a samshield when looking for a new helmet, just cause I wanted to try on everything just in case it looked better on than I thought (which is what happened when I tried the Antares, which I ended up buying), but I nearly puke when I saw the samshield on!!

DarkStarrx
Mar. 14, 2012, 05:45 PM
Hmm, I wonder if they fit different. I have a child's sized head, and the Speed Air is the only thing that looks decent on me. I was told the Samshield had a similar GPA, so I got fitted at Devon last year. The people told me it is designed to take pressure off the forehead, and I am very susceptible to migraines and all I felt was forehead/temple pressure. So, I said no thank you.

KitKat987
Mar. 14, 2012, 06:51 PM
I love the look of the samsheilds, unfortunately it felt like it was just gonna pop off the top of my head and hit the ceiling if I blinked the right way. Didn't fit my head shape at all :(

KingoftheRoad
Mar. 15, 2012, 10:10 AM
Anybody gone from a GPA Textium to a Samshield? I'm trying to figure out if it might have a chance of fiitting my head - I thought I had an oval head, so I ordered an IRH Elite Extreme in long oval, but the first size was too small, and the second way too big, so I'm wondering if maybe I'm not as oval as I thought? Just trying to figure out sizing before I try ordering....TIA!

SimplyStated
Mar. 15, 2012, 10:35 AM
I have one and love it!!!!! Its super comfy and looks very sharp. Out of all the name brands CO, GPA, and IRH the samshield fits me the best.

maneevent
Mar. 15, 2012, 11:32 AM
Anybody gone from a GPA Textium to a Samshield? I'm trying to figure out if it might have a chance of fiitting my head - I thought I had an oval head, so I ordered an IRH Elite Extreme in long oval, but the first size was too small, and the second way too big, so I'm wondering if maybe I'm not as oval as I thought? Just trying to figure out sizing before I try ordering....TIA!

I did! I loved my first GPA. Wore it out...got a second and it always fit a little tighter than the first. It put a lot of pressure on my forehead and gave me major headaches. I considered the Antares, but I tried the Samshield and ended up liking it better. I did go up one size, but I've also grown my hair out an extra 5 inches...

The Samshield is super comfy, no forehead pressure. I definitely recommend giving it a try.