PDA

View Full Version : Ocala Videographer

Noms
Mar. 14, 2012, 04:01 PM
Anyone in Ocala this week shooting videos? I am depserate to get some vids of my horse.

He shows tomorrow and the company that was there in the beginning of HITS has packed up and gone home due to lack of interest from competitors.
Thanks

shedllybip
Mar. 14, 2012, 09:49 PM
I'm not so sure about the 'lack of interest'. I heard people were stealing their rounds off of their web site.

dags
Mar. 15, 2012, 08:20 AM
Who was the videographer? Ocala hasn't had one since Productions East went under, I don't think. What a shame they didn't last the whole circuit.

Meadow36
Mar. 15, 2012, 09:11 AM
I'm no pro, but I live in the area and if you have your own camera I'd be happy to stop by and video your rounds. It would have to be on the weekend though.

Noms
Mar. 15, 2012, 10:13 AM
I'm no pro, but I live in the area and if you have your own camera I'd be happy to stop by and video your rounds. It would have to be on the weekend though.

Thanks for the offer, he is only showing today, not on the weekend.

Noms
Mar. 15, 2012, 10:14 AM
Who was the videographer? Ocala hasn't had one since Productions East went under, I don't think. What a shame they didn't last the whole circuit.

This company was there providing video services but they left a few weeks ago.

http://catchride.mindbites.com/category/1080-sat-feb-4-2012?lessons_page=36

snaffle635
Mar. 15, 2012, 04:53 PM
I was there for Week V and didn't see any videographers. Bummer, because I would have loved to buy one.

ForTheLoveOfHorse
Mar. 15, 2012, 06:55 PM
Such a shame that they left. The videoed much of the first week...Tues-Sat, but only a couple rounds on Sunday. Their website is www.catchri.de.

I emailed to inquire about a video from Sunday of the first week, as I saw the videographer filming me. Here's the response:

Response from MindBites | MAR 07, 2012 10:43AM CST

Dear Mindy,
CatchRide discontinued filming (and editing/creation of videos that were previously filmed) midway through Ocala due to low demand for videos. It does look like we have a few videos uploaded of you that were filmed, edited, uploaded and made available for sale:

[[insert video links here]]

If videos are not posted at this point, I do not think they will be made available.

All the Best,

Chelsea

Chelsea Reneau
MindBites Support

dags
Mar. 15, 2012, 08:05 PM
I wonder if HITS did anything to promote their services, or just charged them vendor fees and left them to flounder in anonymity...

What a shame. Ocala hasn't had a videographer in years. They would have had to work very hard to make their presence known as I'm sure by now everyone just assumes there isn't one.

TBLover
Mar. 15, 2012, 10:49 PM
Here's my two cents. First, the location of their set-up was not optimal -- it was not where most of the other vendors were but kind of hidden over behind Jumper 1 where it wasn't particularly visible. Second, because their business model was based on online ordering, they did not seem to have as much of an on-site presence. From a business model standpoint, I think the company made a mistake not providing the ability to see your video in full at the show before purchasing it for those who wanted that capability, like most horse show video companies typically do. Charge a decent viewing fee and then apply the price to the purchase. They relied totally on their online functionality that showed a 15 second snippet for free. Given the pricing of the videos (@$50, if I recall correctly), I personally would have at least liked the capability of seeing the product in full at least once before having to make a purchase decision. Third, I think they "quit" a little early, just at the end of the first week. I know I would have purchased videos, but often you want to wait a little while to have a few to choose from. A lot of my friends were also planning on purchasing videos later in the circuit and were disappointed to learn that they were no longer there. I even wrote to them to see whether they were coming back, but didn't get a reply, which then made me even more reluctant to order from them online from the two videos they did have of me from the first week. On the other hand, I imagine their costs were very high, what with a vendor fee and having to pay videographers at all the rings. I don't know what the answer is in terms of a business model that works. So many people just use their phones to shoot video that its a tough sell, but there is nothing like a professional quality video if you want to sell a horse or just want to relive a great round.