View Full Version : Anyone Know of a U.S. Source for Barrel Jump Cups?

Mar. 14, 2012, 03:13 PM
Our U.K. friends have these wonderful jump cups (http://essentiallyequestrian.com/en/showjumps-accessories/2047-barrel-jump-cups-.html)that attach to steel drums. I'd LOVE to have a pair or two but would prefer to avoid overseas shipping.

Anyone? Thanks!

Mar. 14, 2012, 03:37 PM
I don't know where you get those ... but what a smart idea!

Meanwhile ... I am eyeballing oak wine barrels from http://www.kentuckybarrels.com/vintage-barrels.html for $75-$85 ea. I was looking at them as jump fill, but now am wondering if those barrel cups would work on these?

Also ... anyone want in on a shipment of 10 to GA? =] I'd like 4 of them.

Patty Stiller
Mar. 14, 2012, 03:40 PM
Perhaps you could get a welding-fabrication shop to make you some. They could be simpler, with just two vertical bands straps instead of three and one simple curved metal piece for the cup? But really thirty euros does not seem like a whole lot for those. What a great idea.

Mar. 14, 2012, 03:44 PM
I probably would Patty, if they can do 'em cheaper. Such a simple but way-cool design.

Mar. 14, 2012, 07:35 PM
Here are some for (http://www.derbyhouse.co.uk/Content+Managed+Page/Product+Detail/Barrel+Jump+Cups_214-0100.htm)£14.80 with worldwide delivery (http://www.derbyhouse.co.uk/Content+Managed+Page/Product+Detail/Barrel+Jump+Cups_214-0100.htm).

And here's another simple design (http://diycgi.cluster.stngva01.us.diy-servers.net/extras/public/photos.cls/serve?id=2225c9a4c83039c5799363d1c2ab8fe74bc7&ts=20090515015741&width=960&height=738&filter=none&accountId=AVFL30INH0H4&instanceId=08db459d50d2f56743faa77efe609bda&slideview=true).

Third option with keyhole track and wood (http://www.echometalfab.com/uploaded/Image/Drum%20Jumps.JPG).

Mar. 14, 2012, 09:11 PM
Use Keyhole strips along the barrel and then you have even more height adjustability. And you can get these here...