View Full Version : Early Spring! Where are my Fly Predators!

Mar. 14, 2012, 01:14 PM
I am loving the weather this year. Mild winter, and this week its just beautiful. Temps in the 70's, lows in the 50's at night. Spring has sprung, daffodils are up, trees are in bloom. The smell of the honey locusts in bud is incredible at night.

But... my fly predators haven't arrived! Anyone else in the Mid Atlantic not received theirs and in a panic about the flies getting a jump on them?

Mar. 14, 2012, 01:17 PM
They don't arrive until the first or second week in April, normally.

Check your shipment dates. I believe you can request an early shipment.

I'm not going to panic unless the temps stay in the 70s and 80s. I have a feeling winter isn't quite done with us yet.

Mar. 15, 2012, 02:21 PM
We've been in 60's-80's for almost 2 weeks now and havent received ours.

Grilling out the past 2 nights were AWFUL with all sorts of bugs. yuck!

Mar. 15, 2012, 02:37 PM
I've never bought them before but I am going to this year....
Where do you all buy your fly predators from? Are some better than others?

Mar. 15, 2012, 02:39 PM
These are the ones we use:

We get enough for 8 horses (I think) even though we only generally have 3-5 at one time.

We are on 150ish acres, and our neighbors have a small cow farm, but these do a WONDERFUL job with flies. (gnats, ticks, bees...still there.)

Mar. 15, 2012, 04:06 PM
They'll ship at whatever time you designated - not automatically based on weather conditions.

Check your account/invoice & see what shipment date you asked for. That's when they'll arrive.

Mar. 15, 2012, 05:57 PM
Arbico ships earlier - mine have already arrived and I got more per package than I got with Spalding.

Rincon-Vitova also sells them but I have not done a cost comparison nor do I know their shipping dates.http://www.rinconvitova.com/