PDA

View Full Version : Ariat breech sizing?

AlyssaSpellman
Mar. 14, 2012, 12:57 PM
I've recently outgrown all my size 24 Tailored Sportsman breeches, so I've been collecting some 26's here and there, however I have one pair of Ariat Derby breeches in a 24 that still fit me comfortably.
Does anyone know if the Ariat breeches generally run larger than Tailored Sportsman's, or is it just that particular style?
I'm also looking into getting a pair of Pikeur's if anyone knows how those compare to Tailored's, too.

lv4running
Mar. 14, 2012, 01:18 PM
My Arait, not the same model, are looser than my TS and Pikeur breeches. Pikeurs are between the TS and Ariats. All are 24s and all fit just a bit differently.

silver_charm
Mar. 14, 2012, 01:24 PM
I'm a 26 in TS and Pikeur and a 24 in Ariat. I could probably get away with a size down, but then can't get my feet through the elastics at the ankles. My Ariats definitely don't fit as well as my TS and Pikeurs, so I think body shape comes into play as well.

KateKat
Mar. 14, 2012, 01:38 PM
Ariat sizing really depends on the style and the fabric. I tried a pair of Pro Circuits, and holy moly those things are tiny. Same size in the Brittanys, and I'm swimming in them.

Ainsley688
Mar. 14, 2012, 01:51 PM
The Ariats I have are 28's, and the All Circuits. They are a little loose in the thigh, but other than that, fit perfectly. The 28's I tried on in TS? Needed another 2" to close them around my hips, lol. It was not because of fat, either. It was my actual hip bones the TS didn't fit!

The Pikeur's I have from years ago don't fit at all, and they are 28's as well, But, they are natural-waisted, where as the Ariat's have a lower rise.

Just like pants, even the sizes in the same brand are never the same. Even if they are the same style, they might fit differently season to season.

molly8it
Mar. 14, 2012, 01:56 PM
not sure about Ariat vs. TS sizing, but if you want Pikeur breeches, check out this site:

http://www.amirashop.co.uk/acatalog/Pikeur_Ladies__Breeches.html

Even with shipping from the UK, they are cheaper than buying in the US. The site will automatically deduct the VAT when you enter a US shipping address.

AlyssaSpellman
Mar. 14, 2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the help. :)
I'm probably going to order through SmartPak so I can return the Ariat's if the sizing is really that different depending on the fabric.. we have no tack shops around us, so I can't try any on.

not sure about Ariat vs. TS sizing, but if you want Pikeur breeches, check out this site:

http://www.amirashop.co.uk/acatalog/Pikeur_Ladies__Breeches.html

Even with shipping from the UK, they are cheaper than buying in the US. The site will automatically deduct the VAT when you enter a US shipping address.

I actually found some new ones on Ebay cheaper than that, but will definitely keep this in mind if I find a certain style I want to try. :)

rockfordbuckeye
Mar. 14, 2012, 05:37 PM
I am the same size in the Ariat Olympias as the TS Trophy's but in other Ariat styles I am one size smaller.

huntereq1991
Mar. 15, 2012, 12:46 AM
I am a size 26 in the TS cotton breeches. My Ariat and Pikeur sizes can change depending on the style and how I want them to fit. In Pikeur, I have size 24 side zip Victory and size 26 front zip Ciara. The smaller size is a bit more fitted, but either one can work- just depends on if you like your breeches more relaxed or fitted. In Ariat, I am usually a size 24 (pro circuits). Some of their styles are different, such as the Brittany where a size 22 fit. I bought the size 24 when I ordered the Olympias and they fit in the waist perfectly, but were more fitted through the hip and thigh.

I think the biggest factor is just how you are built! You can go up or down in any brand, but if they just weren't cut to fit you, not much will help! The Pikeurs have the best fit for me, and that is all I wear now. I buy mine through Amira because I have found them to be the best deal. Unless you can find some on Ebay :)

TB7
Mar. 18, 2012, 02:26 PM
I've always found that Ariat sizes run very large. I'm 1-2 sizes smaller in Ariat than in other brands, including TS.

changeofheart1
Mar. 18, 2012, 08:48 PM
My 30 Ariat Pro Circuits fit great, and they come in slim fit which works well for me. My TS Royal Hunters in size 30 are much tighter in the waist ,hips, and butt, so I wear my Ariats more. Granted, I only show in breeches and ride daily in jeans. In my experience the Pro circuits are pretty true to size, but I can't speak for the other styles.