PDA

View Full Version : Baymar Farms, NJ?

RxCate
Mar. 14, 2012, 10:10 AM
The pictures of the facility look fabulous, but just wanted to get some insight on how it is there.

I just recently found out that my former mare was sold to a girl there and though I'm a little miffed because this is the 2nd time she was sold in a year and the 1st set of people I had asked to please notify me if they decided to sell her (yes I know I didn't have it in writing and they had no responsibility to me, but still) and they didn't.

She looks very happy (she's actually right on the front page of their website with a nice champion ribbon) and I in no way want to take her from her new owner. I just try to keep track of her as a lot of people on here like to do, with hopes that I can eventually buy her back to retire with me.

So I guess I just basically want to know that she's okay and this farm (though I think I already know the answer) is a good place for her.

I've left them a message about possibly visiting on their FB page already... if they see this, they'll probably think I'm a loony, but she is my "heart horse" as they say...

HoofaSchmigetty
Mar. 14, 2012, 10:58 AM
Wonderful facility, great people, excellant horse care. They hold several shows each year and all are well attended. No need to worry about the horses care as long as it is there.

TesignedInGold
Mar. 14, 2012, 10:59 AM
Is your mare, Little Miss Chatterbox? I might be wrong, but there is a horse by that name that looks very similar to the one on their front page.

ETA: NEVERMIND! realized I asked you this same question years ago! Nice to see Katy still out and about teaching kids the ropes! I still see her at horse shows.

Baymar is a gorgeous, large facility. I have shown there in the past, and all the horses look well-cared for.

HoofaSchmigetty
Mar. 14, 2012, 10:59 AM
BTW...They are located in Morganville NJ.....about 5 miles from $$$$$ Colts Neck, NJ and Beacon Hill.

RxCate
Mar. 14, 2012, 11:18 AM
My mom lives in Colts Neck, that's why the mare is in that area still. We sold her shortly after we moved to NJ when I went to college.

And yes, Tesigned, my mare is Little Miss Chatterbox. The girl I sold her to originally renamed her that as she didn't come get her papers from us for a year or so.

She is actually a registered Appendix QH. Her registered name is Blazing The Pages (weird, I know) and her original barn name is Katy. Her 4th owner apparently renamed her Molly. If you look her up on USEF they have her as her own sire and some random horse named Starlight as her dam... incorrect. I'm not sure if her new owner has registered her with USEF as something different because the name on there still shows the girl we sold her to as the owner.

She's by Page Impressive (HYPP N/N) and has The Minstrel on her dam's side. She and I went up through the greens together teaching each other the ropes of jumping. My mom would also show her in the afternoon's in western pleasure/trail and clean up. She's auto everything and a saint.

When she's done teaching others, I'd love to just watch her graze and live out her days as a trail horse with me.