PDA

View Full Version : Antares boot sizing - experiences?

LastCall9
Mar. 14, 2012, 12:05 AM
I recently purchased a set of Antares open front and fetlock boots for my fine boned Hanoverian in size 2 which is 'regular horse'. The fronts seem to fit well but I'm worried the hind might be a little big. What im wondering from those who have them is whether the elastic stretches out over time or whether the leather stretched out much.

They seem to fit loose-ish on the mid hook closure. (I bought the ones with the stud closures not buckles). The tightest closure is best.

Anyone know how much smaller size 1 is from size 2? Their website says 1 is cob sized but im concerned it might be closer to pony!

Any input is appreciated! Tia.

LastCall9
Mar. 17, 2012, 12:24 AM
Bump!! Nobody owns a pair?

klmck63
Mar. 17, 2012, 12:40 AM
I don't know how much smaller the size 1 is, but the elastic on mine stretched out from fitting on the middle hole to the first hole.

I have a size 2 set for my 16.2hh fine-built gelding, but all the straps are now on the tightest holes and the end of the straps kind of flap around while he canters :(. If you feel they might be too big, I definitely think you should consider the smaller size.