PDA

View Full Version : Quick Tall Boot Questions

Crazy-Pony
Mar. 13, 2012, 08:37 PM
I recently got my first ever pair of tall boots. I have a pair of Mountain Horse's Venice Field Boots and they are wonderful, but I have two quick questions...

How do I polish them?
With my paddock boots, I would simply wipe off any dried dirt/mud with a barely damp sponge, then apple some Kiwi Color Shine, and then buff. Will this routine work for my new boots?

Does Mountain Horse make polish/conditioner?
If yes, is it any better than other products? I haven't put anything on the boots yet, other then some Leather Therapy Wash to get the waxy stuff off, and then a very, very, VERY thin layer of Leather Therapy Conditioner. I buffed with an old T-shirt after

FLeventer
Mar. 13, 2012, 10:39 PM
I have only ever used Kiwi on my boots. I wipe them with a sponge that has faint traces of water. Ringed to death. Then I apply polish to the outside of the boots and the foot. All done and last for a long time.

Get some rubbers to put over the boots to protect them when you are walking.

alto
Mar. 14, 2012, 01:23 AM
I recently got my first ever pair of tall boots. I have a pair of Mountain Horse's Venice Field Boots and they are wonderful, but I have two quick questions...

Talk to Mtn Horse directly if you want your warranty to be viable - they may have a list of products to avoid or to recommend ...

FLeventer
Mar. 14, 2012, 01:35 AM
Here is what they say to do:

http://mountainhorseusa.com/footwear_instructions.html

Pretty vague and common sense if you ask me, but obviously someone has messed up their boots and complained so that they had to compile the dont list.

rapowers29
Mar. 14, 2012, 04:14 AM
I also just bought my first pair of tall boots. I got ariat Challenge II boots and am wondering what to do to clean and condition them. I looked on the ariat website and didnt find much useful information. They have a short video but it doesnt go into detail at all. I have ridden in them twice now and they are starting to get dusting/scuffed and would like to keep them clean and shiny. Any tips?