PDA

View Full Version : RMI Mid Florida have you been?

Jhereg
Mar. 13, 2012, 03:27 PM
Hi there,
With the decline in horse show attendance in years past there can be nothing more frustrating that heading to a rated show to find that you are one of 2 in a class.

Has anyone got kids/students who have competed in the xrails or the short stirrups? If so have you found there was enough people in either/both division to make it worth while going?

equitationisin
Mar. 13, 2012, 06:47 PM
I have been for several years. I believe that the spring shows are much bigger than the winter shows, and because some of them are AA they should be even bigger this year. I recall short stirrup using having a good number of people, but long stirrups always being small. I believe that cross rails is usually a pretty good sized class. I do remember one time where there were only two cross railers, but I think that was only once. The shows are usually pretty small overall, though. The AA weeks normally have about 16 people in the 3'6 equitation classes, but the numbers dwindle from there. I hope you come! They are very fun (albeit hot) shows!

AllOverFarm
Mar. 13, 2012, 07:25 PM
My daughter did the Dec RMI show. She did the short stirrup which was combined with the long stirrup for a total of 8. If you do go, beware that they only have porta potties and you"ll need to bring your own paper. Also, the only concession was a crepe tent and my picky eater wasn't to keen on the idea of trying something new. We did stop at subway and brought our own lunch.

Punkie
Mar. 13, 2012, 11:47 PM
It does tend to be fairly busy in the spring, but the one thing I will say is that it's *expensive*! Just 3 jumper classes cost me $348. My bill from HITS last week for the Adults and 4 Low trips (no hack) was $388. Yeah, definitely not worth the money to me!

Pwinslow1@cfl.rr.com
Mar. 13, 2012, 11:54 PM
You might want to look at the Horse Shows in the Park series up at Canterbury in Newberry just west of Gainesville. Usually 3-4 rings running, good short stirrup competition, reasonable pricing for quality courses, Scot Hofstetter "R" and Traci Weston "R" judging in March and yes - we have a good concession, permanent bathrooms and lots of toilet paper for everyone! The program is under Show Info at www.horseshowsinthepark.com

Nikki^
Mar. 14, 2012, 02:07 AM
You might want to look at the Horse Shows in the Park series up at Canterbury in Newberry just west of Gainesville. Usually 3-4 rings running, good short stirrup competition, reasonable pricing for quality courses, Scot Hofstetter "R" and Traci Weston "R" judging in March and yes - we have a good concession, permanent bathrooms and lots of toilet paper for everyone! The program is under Show Info at www.horseshowsinthepark.com (http://www.horseshowsinthepark.com)

I second that! Great shows and awesome prizes. The courses are very inviting and the show grounds are fantastic. It's also very affordable. I love showing there!

You can also go to Fox Lea Farms schooling shows. $99.00 flat fee which includes EVERYTHING including all the classes. They also host AA shows too. Amazing show grounds too!!! Info: http://foxleafarm.com/