PDA

View Full Version : Nunn Finer Bridles

aks28
Mar. 13, 2012, 11:53 AM
Can I have some honest opinions about this brand? I'm looking for a nice schooling bridle and have come across this brand online, but haven't really seen any reviews. I really like the Modena Bridle, just want to do some research before buying! Thanks all in advance!

Buglet
Mar. 13, 2012, 12:13 PM
I have their stirrup leathers and love them. They are very soft leather and I have never had any issues with the stitching or leather.

Kristy-nnn
Mar. 13, 2012, 12:25 PM
I have the figure 8 bridle and it's amazing. The leather is really soft and it has so many nice details. Fancy stitched, raised, padded, raised and fancy stitched rubber reins. It's beautiful.

http://www.nunnfiner.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=MILANO

BAC
Mar. 13, 2012, 12:44 PM
I have no personal experience but they routinely get very good reviews for being good quality at reasonable prices. Nunn Finer are popular with eventers too, you might look on that forum, but a search on H/J should turn up lots of info as well. I believe Nunn Finer strapgoods are made by the Amish Bartville harness/saddlery.

FLeventer
Mar. 13, 2012, 01:15 PM
The raised, fancy stitched, and/or rolled leather is not bartville. I have been there and the only stuff is the breastplates, but not the 5 point, they make their own five point that is more of a hunting breastplate looking thing. The flat bridles including the custom bridles, the stirrup leathers, halters, reins and some other things.

I have some experience with these bridles though and they are pretty nice quality. I have the figure eight that was posted by Kristy and I really like it. Looks nice after about a year of use.

Big_Grey_hunter
Mar. 13, 2012, 02:52 PM
I like the flat leather products I've seen, including flash bridle, figure 8 attachments, breastplates (hunt style and breast collar) and stirrup leathers. I'm not as impressed with the raised monocrown bridle a friend just bought. I think the raised, fancy stitched, and padded products are made by a different supplier and the quality is no nearly as nice.

caradino
Mar. 14, 2012, 11:52 AM
I have their raised/stitched/padded monocrown hunter bridle and I LOVE it. The fit is great, the leather is soft, and it still looks brand new after a year of use an not-so-frequent cleaning.