PDA

View Full Version : Scrim sheets

yellowbritches
Mar. 13, 2012, 10:53 AM
Asking here, as you h/j people are the epitome of high fashion, for horse and rider. ;)

My little dark horse gets hot in the trailer, so I try not to put anything on him unless the weather really warrants it. However, he gets terribly dusty in the trailer....so, it would be nice if I could throw something like his flysheet or an antisweat over him. So far, either are too hot.

I thought a scrim would be a nice compromise. Any recommendations on where to find a decent quality one that will not cost me an arm and leg (I don't need custom, though I only seem to ever see them custom), and that will stay put in the trailer? I acquired one at one point, just some cheapy thing, and it always flipped around and would be hanging from the chest :o So, staying place is kinda important.

Ozone
Mar. 13, 2012, 12:43 PM
A decent quality scrim (think Integrity or Triple Crown) will be hotter and heavier (because they are made with quiality) than the say Dover scrims.

Integrity is my fav.

MoonRiver5
Mar. 13, 2012, 12:53 PM
My horse wears this one in the trailer in the summer to keep the dust and flies off him. Lightweight and didn't break the bank! I had it monogrammed so it's not completely boring. I wouldn't leave him in a stall with it, but for the trailer or ringside, it stays in place.

http://www.doversaddlery.com/scrim-sheet/p/X1-24612/

FLeventer
Mar. 13, 2012, 01:24 PM
^I have that one and it has worn well for the past couple years. I use it in the trailer because it is super lightweight and I am in FL. My horses have never had a problem. I agree that I would not leave it in in the stall.

Dover also sells another one for a little bit more that comes in nice color combos.

tarheelmd07
Mar. 13, 2012, 02:20 PM
I ordered this one from smartpak - very nice quality and under $40
http://www.smartpakequine.com/show-scrim-5758p.aspx?cm_vc=Search
I ended up having mine embroidered by smartpak and it looked great