PDA

View Full Version : fluffy bits of breeches

Void
Mar. 12, 2012, 10:40 PM
So I was wondering if there was a tried and true method to getting the little fluff balls off your breeches, in areas of overuse like the knee area.

Do Fabric Shavers like this:
http://image.normthompson.com/solutions/images/us/local/products/detail/67617.jpg

Actually work? Or would you die before you subjected a pair of TS to them?

cleozowner
Mar. 13, 2012, 07:47 AM
I used a disposable razor this past week...worked great.

kisstherain
Mar. 13, 2012, 11:19 AM
I've got a sweater/fabric shaver from Brookstone that's awesome. Best $20 I've spent. I use it on everything. Everything. Maybe to the point of obsession. Wool socks, sweaters (of course), cotton saddle pads with pills, trim and surcingles on my cotton sheets, etc. I've used it on some winter breeches with great results, but never on my Tailored Sportsmans....only because I've never needed to.

If you decide to buy a sweater shaver, try it out on some less expensive items first so you can get the hang of it (with mine, you don't really need to apply much pressure to the item you're shaving - it just sort of hovers above). And while it works great for a lot of fabrics/items, be careful with thin fabrics, or overly thick ones. It cut some holes in some t-shirts I was shaving (I'm telling you...it's an obsession), and it didn't work at making some fleece pads look not so ratty.

Void
Mar. 13, 2012, 03:26 PM
I've got a sweater/fabric shaver from Brookstone that's awesome. Best $20 I've spent. I use it on everything. Everything. Maybe to the point of obsession. Wool socks, sweaters (of course), cotton saddle pads with pills, trim and surcingles on my cotton sheets, etc. I've used it on some winter breeches with great results, but never on my Tailored Sportsmans....only because I've never needed to.

If you decide to buy a sweater shaver, try it out on some less expensive items first so you can get the hang of it (with mine, you don't really need to apply much pressure to the item you're shaving - it just sort of hovers above). And while it works great for a lot of fabrics/items, be careful with thin fabrics, or overly thick ones. It cut some holes in some t-shirts I was shaving (I'm telling you...it's an obsession), and it didn't work at making some fleece pads look not so ratty.

So I actually instead of buying something just pulled out a pair of small scissors and went really slowly. They look great, just had some fuzzy wear in the knee area. :)