PDA

View Full Version : green status

barndad
Mar. 12, 2012, 10:01 PM
Can anyone
tell me how long you have to rescind green pony status in a show year? Thanks!

hj0519
Mar. 12, 2012, 10:05 PM
Its right in the reinstatement form...

http://www.usef.org/documents/hunterJumper/PonyGreenReinstateForm.pdf

"A horses or pony’s green status may be reinstated for a future competition year if it was not shown at the regulation height at more than four (4) competitions
prior to September 1st and if it was not shown at that height after September 1st in the same year. Horses are not eligible for a first year green reinstatement if they
have competed in the Junior Hunter Championships or an International Hunter Derby within the same year. A pony is not eligible for a green reinstatement if they
have competed in the National Pony Finals."

barndad
Mar. 12, 2012, 10:14 PM
thanks-super helpful to say the least

Couture TB
Mar. 12, 2012, 10:18 PM
So dumb question. What class could a large pony go in that aren't regulation height? not to hijack the thread. Don't want to break my new large's green year (first time wanting to have a child show one of my ponies in the hunters. I'm a jumper and eventer gal)

Tap2Tango
Mar. 12, 2012, 10:30 PM
So dumb question. What class could a large pony go in that aren't regulation height? not to hijack the thread. Don't want to break my new large's green year (first time wanting to have a child show one of my ponies in the hunters. I'm a jumper and eventer gal)

Childrens ponies

Janet
Mar. 12, 2012, 10:31 PM
The green height for large ponies is 2'9"
So Eventing at Beginner Novice (2'7" )would be OK, but Eventing at Novice (2'11") or Training (3'3") would "break" its green status.

MHM
Mar. 12, 2012, 11:43 PM
Does anyone happen to remember when the cut off date to reclaim green status changed to September?

I seem to recall it was in May for eons, until relatively recent years.

Janet
Mar. 13, 2012, 03:28 PM
Does anyone happen to remember when the cut off date to reclaim green status changed to September?

I seem to recall it was in May for eons, until relatively recent years.
It is May in the 2010 rule book and September in the 2011 rule book.

joiedevie99
Mar. 13, 2012, 03:34 PM

Short Stirrup, Childrens Ponies, or any of the unrated hunter divisions that are open to ponies, and below the height (something like 2' Schooling Hunter or 2' Low Hunter).

MHM
Mar. 13, 2012, 06:59 PM
It is May in the 2010 rule book and September in the 2011 rule book.

Thanks, Janet!

roamingnome
Mar. 13, 2012, 08:38 PM
I'll start with saying- I have never done the ponies, I will never do the ponies (far too old, and tall...) nor will I ever have kids to do the ponies, so please no flaming!

If you had an awesome green pony and jock, couldn't you go to one or two shows, be champion, go to PF and then still get your green card back since it was before September and less than 4 shows?

Just curious!
Thanks!

Infinite
Mar. 13, 2012, 09:22 PM
I'll start with saying- I have never done the ponies, I will never do the ponies (far too old, and tall...) nor will I ever have kids to do the ponies, so please no flaming!

If you had an awesome green pony and jock, couldn't you go to one or two shows, be champion, go to PF and then still get your green card back since it was before September and less than 4 shows?

Just curious!
Thanks!

You are not able to reclaim your status if you show in a national championship (junior hunter finals or pony finals). Someone must have tried just what you suggested! :) Or the derby either, btw...