PDA

View Full Version : Show pad slipping

Gnomeland
Mar. 12, 2012, 08:58 PM
Is there something I can do/get to keep my show pad from slipping around? I had to readjust it literally every class at my last show.

lucyeq
Mar. 12, 2012, 09:01 PM
http://www.SmartPakEquine.com/thin-pads-non-slip-pad-8406p.aspx?cm_vc=Search

^ Majikal. Not kidding.

LTLFLDF
Mar. 12, 2012, 09:06 PM
To help with your current pad a leather chamois cloth dampened also may work. When you look for a new show pad look for one that has the nonslip built in. My favorite of course is Eco Gold.

SmartAlex
Mar. 13, 2012, 09:23 AM
I've found that the cheap rug pads from Home Depot work better than either the chamois or the ones marketed at the tack store.

You can pick up one for about $5 and cut it to fit.

TrakeGirl
Mar. 13, 2012, 10:15 AM
Ditto on the EcoGold. I am a believer.

Picked one up almost brand new at local consignment shop for $40. Doesn't slip, no freakin' billet straps at all, and best of all has the little bit extra memory foam/cushion under the saddle that we need.

BeanCounterPony
Mar. 13, 2012, 11:40 AM
i have one that has the velcro keeper that goes under the flap....like it attaches in the middle over top of the billets. Works great!

axl
Mar. 13, 2012, 12:15 PM
I agree with BeanCounterPony, I love these pads:

http://www.toklat.com/dyn_prod.php?p=20-419&k=87238

silanac
Mar. 13, 2012, 12:42 PM
Ecogold's are great, just be careful washing them. sometimes they fall apart in the washer.

You could also try one of those neoprene or jelly-like wither pads. Its just a rectangle, may or may not have holes in it. they help a lot with slippage. i like the jelly best because it is sticky. sometimes it loses that, but just put some water on it and the sticky is back

Mukluk
Mar. 14, 2012, 12:58 AM
I've found that the cheap rug pads from Home Depot work better than either the chamois or the ones marketed at the tack store.

You can pick up one for about $5 and cut it to fit.

I had a pad that wouldn't even stay put for one class! I got a rug pad, cut it to fit and it works great. And you certainly can't beat the price. Doesn't seem to bother my sensitive OTTB girl one bit.

Mukluk
Mar. 14, 2012, 01:00 AM
i have one that has the velcro keeper that goes under the flap....like it attaches in the middle over top of the billets. Works great!

The one I mentioned in the previous post had this feature and it still slipped! Until I got the rug pad under it that is.