PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to share some pictures :)

Crown Royal
Mar. 12, 2012, 06:32 PM
Of my coming 4 year old OTTB (will be four 4/4 :lol:). I'll attach a few from a couple weeks ago, and two from today. He has just started jumping. I'm a very proud mama!

Two Weeks Ago:
One (http://i44.tinypic.com/14e9uts.jpg)
Two (http://i44.tinypic.com/2lljz9y.jpg)
Three (http://i40.tinypic.com/33395bk.jpg)
Four (http://i40.tinypic.com/nmjo9l.jpg)

Today:
Please ignore me...I don't know what I was doing here (http://i39.tinypic.com/28w15rk.jpg)
And over the jump my left stirrup leather broke (http://i40.tinypic.com/255ncba.jpg) :lol:
And because he's so darn cute! (http://i42.tinypic.com/287p6p5.jpg)

MoonWitch
Mar. 12, 2012, 06:46 PM
He's very cute - wear a helmet please :)

dmj
Mar. 12, 2012, 07:22 PM
super cute!!

skippy60
Mar. 12, 2012, 07:25 PM
Cute, but wear a helmet

Crown Royal
Mar. 12, 2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks, but I don't need the helmet comments. :)

MoonWitch
Mar. 12, 2012, 07:53 PM
Wow......ok then!

Crown Royal
Mar. 12, 2012, 08:28 PM
Wow......ok then!

Not trying to be snarky, just sharing pictures of my young horse. I can make my own decisions on wearing a helmet, although 90% of the time I do.

KitKat987
Mar. 12, 2012, 08:28 PM
Very nice :)

PinkBoots
Mar. 12, 2012, 08:39 PM
he's adorable, but that doesn't stop brain damage ;)

TheHorseProblem
Mar. 12, 2012, 09:14 PM

Apparently, you do.

But, if you don't want to hear the comments, then don't post pictures wearing nothing but a ball cap on your head, riding your 3 year old horse.

There's no fence between you and the road, for crying out loud.

GingerJumper
Mar. 12, 2012, 09:19 PM
Apparently, you do.

But, ff you don't want to hear the comments, then don't post pictures wearing nothing but a ball cap on your head, riding your 3 year old horse.

I'm with THP. You are more than welcome to make your own decisions (however we may feel about them) but if you do not want comments about it, then it might be best not to post it on an open forum.

FWIW, I was not a fan of helmets until after CKD's accident AND after I grudgingly donned one to work a friend's made hunter pony... and was dumped and had it cracked right down the middle.

Very cute horse though, looks like fun :) I lovelovelove TBs.

horsegal301
Mar. 12, 2012, 10:06 PM

"But, ff you don't want to hear the comments, then don't post pictures wearing nothing but a ball cap on your head, riding your 3 year old horse who is an OTTB"

Fixed.

lachevaline
Mar. 13, 2012, 03:45 AM
I can make my own decisions on wearing a helmet

It's your right to not wear a helmet; it's our right to tell we think you ought to.

Ace
Mar. 13, 2012, 07:18 AM
OMG! He (she? I am barely awake yet!) is so sweet. Such a cutie. Not like I can really afford a horse at this time, but I find myself perusing the CANTER and CANTER like sites frequently and wondering if I can end up with such a doll.

Quinn
Mar. 13, 2012, 08:50 AM

Please forgive us for being so passionate about this. I am of the same opinion as most of my fellow cothers.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=awJDYBhBPzk

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff

TheHorseProblem
Mar. 13, 2012, 09:49 AM
"But, if you don't want to hear the comments, then don't post pictures wearing nothing but a ball cap on your head, riding your 3 year old horse who is an OTTB, and with no one else around."

Fixed.

Re-fixed.

Crown royal, I really enjoy your posts. Your new horse is adorable Please ride safely!

ElisLove
Mar. 13, 2012, 09:56 AM
How is no one else around? Is a ghost taking the pictures?

Crown Royal
Mar. 13, 2012, 10:57 AM
Thank you for the concern, really. I didn't expect to not get helmet comments (after all, I've read these comments on plenty of other posts). But that wasn't the point of the thread, so I'm politely asking to refrain from just posting simply to tell me your opinions on riding helmetless. I know there are plenty of risks and I do wear my helmet most of the time. It is my decision to make and because I am informed, it is a bit pointless to be reading the same thing over and over. I'm sure this won't stop the comments, but oh well.

And of course there was someone present my entire ride, taking the pictures. I also have neighbors right beside me that are almost always outside.

I don't see the difference in my particular horse being 3 years old and an OTTB. My general risk of coming off him (in the sense that he misbehaves/spooks, which sounds like the point you're trying to make by emphasizing that hes three and an OTTB) is just the same as coming off my 15 year old OTTB. Actually, I'm more likely to come off my older hotter horse than this one. Sure I could come off at a walk or something that doesn't seem as risky, but that's with any horse.

Point is, he is a safer ride than the majority of horses I ride. My risk of falling off due to an unexpected freak accident is exactly the same as any other horse. My risk of falling off simply from him being young and a Thoroughbred is extremely low, if not invalid.

Big_Grey_hunter
Mar. 13, 2012, 11:08 AM
He is really gorgeous, love those long legs. He's going to be an adorable hunter :)

TheHorseProblem
Mar. 13, 2012, 11:45 AM
How is no one else around? Is a ghost taking the pictures?

DUH!!!!:lol:

I'm going to start a thread on dumbest things ever said on COTH, and that will be mine.

JumpingAddict93
Mar. 13, 2012, 12:10 PM
Although i agree with needing the helmet im not going to go on that, I THINK HES ADORABLE!!!!!! Mine just turned 4 in february! Looks like we are both doing the same thing....i understand how u feel about being a proud mama!!!!

myalter1
Mar. 14, 2012, 07:39 AM
You should have known better than to post pics like that and expect people NOT to comment on your helmetless head. Perhaps you like the risk.. perhaps you are so confident in your ability that you think it could never happen to you. If anything,I think you should thank the folks on COTH for caring so much about riding with a helmet that they continually harp on people who don't. I used to ride helmetless. Now, I NEVER EVER do. As my husband said, 'an MRI will run you about $3500.00. It's cheaper to wear your helmet."

Cute horse.

Crown Royal
Mar. 14, 2012, 08:04 AM
You should have known better than to post pics like that and expect people NOT to comment on your helmetless head. Perhaps you like the risk.. perhaps you are so confident in your ability that you think it could never happen to you. If anything,I think you should thank the folks on COTH for caring so much about riding with a helmet that they continually harp on people who don't. I used to ride helmetless. Now, I NEVER EVER do. As my husband said, 'an MRI will run you about $3500.00. It's cheaper to wear your helmet."

Cute horse.

Did you read my last (or one of my last) posts? I'll say it again then. I didn't expect NOT to get helmet comments. I've read the same things over and over on here. I'm not learning anything by reading the same comments over and over. Yes, thanks for caring, but just posting a comment on this thread simply to preach to me to wear a helmet? Not helpful and quite annoying in the case of some posters. So again, thanks, but unnecessary. (now continue on with the helmetless comments, COTH posters)

myalter1
Mar. 14, 2012, 08:07 AM
It just seems funny to me that you would get so offended, righteous and snarky about these comments.

The way to avoid them? Choose a better photo next time. That way, people can concentrate on your cute horse and not your exposed head.

(You've caught me on a combative day, operating on little or no sleep - so take my comments as you will.)

BTW, i am jealous that you can ride your OTTB in a field with no helmet. Mine has some issues which right about now are preventing me from reveling in anyone else's OTTB success stories.

Crown Royal
Mar. 14, 2012, 03:25 PM
It doesn't seem funny to me that I dislike the continued comments. I don't see how anyone (me included) could get offended or righteous about not wearing a helmet. The comments are just annoying.

I don't really feel the need to pick and choose...those are the only recent photos I have so I will post them as I wish.

All my horses have to be ridden in an open field since I don't have the luxury of a ring of any kind. :) I find that they are even better to ride when I do show and get to ride in an arena with nice footing and jumps wider than 8'.

DrummerGirl
Mar. 14, 2012, 07:37 PM
Not trying to be snarky, just sharing pictures of my young horse. I can make my own decisions on wearing a helmet, although 90% of the time I do.

The odds still aren't in your favor :no:!

MoonWitch
Mar. 14, 2012, 07:40 PM
I get a feeling of Tiffamy!

Crown Royal
Mar. 14, 2012, 08:04 PM
I get a feeling of Tiffamy!

? I *think* you're referring to a troll-type poster that has been on here? But that certainly isn't me, and I've never been one to cause drama. ;) I've been on here under one username. Some people and their preaching are quite annoying after I've read essentially the same post multiple times. I'm not a child to be parented. Shall we send emails to all riders that post ads helmetless or compete western helmetless? No. Thanks, but no thanks.

MoonWitch
Mar. 14, 2012, 09:14 PM
I was actually referring to someone who likes to post ambiguous threads with pics of her horse asking for comments, but not liking any comment other than "cute horse".:rolleyes: