PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used an online scheduler for lessons?

CRD
Mar. 12, 2012, 12:15 PM
Hi, we are looking into doing an online sign up for lessons- to help with the constant need for make-ups/rescheduling and changes in a busy lesson program. We want to make it as easy as possible for our clients and staff to schedule lessons, and not play that wonderful game of phone tag.

There are many different programs free and paid, www.smarterlessons.com www.appointment-plus.com www.signupgenius.com to name a few we are looking into.

Does anyone have any experience, feedback (the good and the bad) with ANY of online sign-ups?

Thank you!

Trevelyan96
Mar. 12, 2012, 12:23 PM
No experience with it, but I think its a truly awesome idea!

For a busy barn, they could also use the same program to keep track of like vet & farrier appointments, etc., even which school horses are being used for which lessons to be sure the workload is correct.

I'm going to take a look at the program and see if it is something that could work for my lesson barn, and if so, maybe I'll volunteer to administer it for them.

redancepony
Mar. 12, 2012, 12:34 PM
Very interesting technology. I think it would be great and I may have my trainer friends look into it!

CobJockey
Mar. 12, 2012, 12:38 PM
We don't use one of those, per se, but we have a Google calendar for the entire barn that has the show schedule, lesson schedule, farrier/vet schedules and any other important information on it. Most of us don't live close to the barn, so staying on top of the schedule from anywhere is important to us when we plan our ride times around indoor usage. I love being able to glance at my phone and know what's going on.

Ghostdance
Mar. 12, 2012, 12:38 PM
My coach started using this in October (signupgenius) and it works great! She changed to this for the reasons you listed in your first paragraph. As a client it works well for me. I can change my lesson times as needed when work gets in the way. The site then emails my coach with any changes. It has worked well for our barn of about 30 lessoning clients. It also is nice that clients can switch times amongst themselves without having to go through the coach. However, our barn is not a school barn.