PDA

View Full Version : Horses for sale in Wellington?

Buglet
Mar. 12, 2012, 07:15 AM
I will be heading to Wellington this coming weekend to look at 2 horses for sale and figured since I was going to be down there I should look at as many as possible. Does anyone know anyone down there that has fancy hunters for sale under $30,000. We will be there Sunday and Monday only and I will have my trainer with me.
Thanks!!!

Kitty
Mar. 12, 2012, 05:47 PM
Ha ha ha! You're joking right?

Credosporthorses
Mar. 12, 2012, 05:54 PM
I am not so sure you are going to find that at WEF but you might want to check out Florida sport horses.

AmmyByNature
Mar. 12, 2012, 06:00 PM
"Fancy hunters" for under $30k? Are the two horses you're looking at actually showing at wellington, or just in the barns of trainers who are already there?

You're not going to find much for that price in Wellington.

Rel6
Mar. 12, 2012, 07:05 PM
"Fancy hunter" is very broad, perhaps some more information might help people narrow your search.

For example, a fancy 3'6'' horse is going to be non-existant for under 30k but a fancy 2'6'' could be doable.

Vetvivi
Mar. 12, 2012, 07:16 PM
what about fancy prospects? there are many to be found in and around wellington.

Popularity
Mar. 12, 2012, 08:44 PM
check out exchangehunterjumper.com can't say you will find anything 'fancy' down there for under $30k that is showing but there are some motivated sellers w/ horses listed on the site.

Buglet
Mar. 13, 2012, 08:22 AM
We actually already have 4 lined up now. They are all competing down there. I dont expect to have the hack winner or o/f winner at that price, but would like something that will be competetive at the "B" and "A" shows up here (Maryland). I also dont expect to find something that is perfectly made either, prospects are fine.

refresh
Mar. 13, 2012, 09:12 AM
There are a ton of horses for sale at that price in FLORIDA, but you will not get what you want in Wellington. Anything going for that cheap has a bad rep, isn't sound, you name it... $30k is the price of some stalls in Wellyworld. However, there are tons of horses all over the state and I'm sure you can find what you need by poking around.

Moderator 1
Mar. 13, 2012, 09:16 AM
Please avoid getting into any further "wanted" details to comply with our no-advertising policies. General recommendations of trainers/farms/breeders to check out are fine.

Anything more specific would need to go in our Horses Wanted classifieds section.

Thanks!
Mod 1

heidicald
Mar. 13, 2012, 01:29 PM
I sent you a PM.

Claudius
Mar. 13, 2012, 03:00 PM
The problem I have found with Wellington is the plethora of "almost" nice horses. If a pro has one, it is for sale...they want it GONE...because once it leaves the glitter and glamour of Wellington, it is just a horse ,JAH, nothing to write home about.I doubt you could find a "diamond in the rough" in Wellington....you are dealing with a very knowledgable group of horsemen. So if you get one for 25k, it most likely looses half its value on the trip home. JMHO

keepthelegend
Mar. 13, 2012, 09:27 PM
Honestly, don't go to Wellington to buy a "fancy hunter' under 30k! If you can afford it, you don't want it!

You do say you are looking for a horse to show at B and single A shows. That is a different level of "fancy" and you could get a pretty decent B show horse, even the big winner, for 25k, especially if you go for the greenest horse you can still ride or the oldest horse you can afford to maintain.

A 25k horse in Wellington in the winter is a 12k horse in Delaware in June. Get more bang for your buck and look in less obvious, marked up places.

maxxtrot
Mar. 13, 2012, 10:31 PM
sent pm