PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a leasee

spacytracy
Mar. 11, 2012, 10:41 PM
I have a lovely large pony that I would love to half-lease out. He is my main ride, but I don't ride alot and I have a 4.5 yo DD who he will eventually be for, so it'd be nice to have a kid start riding him.

Problem is, that my trainer does not have kid clients, so I would have to find someone outside of our little circle.

I know I can put an ad out there but I respect my trainer and her facility and don't want a bunch of idiots coming to the barn. Her place is a place of calm, normal people, and with children, the parents come with, so I want to have the perfect fit.

Are there any sites out there that people advertise wanting lease situations? I saw COTH has one but it hasn't had any ads for months.

AliCat
Mar. 11, 2012, 11:20 PM
Can you have your trainer mention it to other trainers in her personal network? You might have to compensate her if she finds someone, but it sounds like it would be a win/win. She is involved in the process, and you aren't just bringing a yahoo into the barn without her blessing.

spacytracy
Mar. 12, 2012, 08:55 AM
Good idea - we've talked about it so I am sure that if she hears of anyone looking for a pony to lease, she'll mention him.

Being that this is will be a child, I would like to stipulate that he/she takes weekly lessons as part of the lease agreement.

dreaminOTTB
Mar. 12, 2012, 10:56 AM
I would use your barn/trainer network. That is how I got into my lease situation. I was talking to a friend that I wanted to find a horse to lease and she had connections with a local barn and ... voila! I got connected with a family looking to lease out their hunter QH/Paint. I found a leaser for my horse when I was injured by talking to friends at a barn I used to ride at. If you can talk to others at your barn, your trainer, the barn manager/owner, you can probably get the word out and find someone suitable.