PDA

View Full Version : More electric fence help

LauraKY
Mar. 11, 2012, 05:25 PM
Although I swore I was never using the front pasture again...it's so green and all that lovely grass is going to waste. I've been using the Safe Fence 1 1/2 inch tape at the top, to keep the horses off the fence, but I've run out. I still have to do a 200' section with push-in posts (2 strands) to keep them away from the semi-poisonous bushes my farmer neighbor planted along the fence line.

Then I have at least 2,00 more feet to go to finish off the whole perimeter. I would rather not have to spend $100 plus shipping for 800ft rolls of the Safe Fence. What and where can I get a decent tape (1/2 to 1 inch is fine) for a decent price?

Equine SS
Mar. 11, 2012, 07:56 PM
I've purchased tape from my local hardware store. They carry a decent generic brand, which has worked well for short term fencing. Maybe ask at a tack shop or feed store in your area. I've also ordered from Horseloverz, but they usually charge additional shipping.

farmgirl598
Mar. 11, 2012, 08:06 PM
Not sure, but I would think Tractor Supply or some place similar would carry it

hosspuller
Mar. 12, 2012, 02:34 PM
If you're going to do temp fence... try rotational grazing. Only a small area that you move when the grass is grazed down. This is very effective use of the available land.

ReSomething
Mar. 12, 2012, 07:26 PM
We have the cheap stuff TSC carries, but the stuff that lasts the best is that yellow heavier stuff. The white tape works but IMHO is just too light.

Frank B
Mar. 15, 2012, 04:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj7Ae5FHwpg&feature=related