PDA

View Full Version : Braider at Raleigh "A"

Horsie2411
Mar. 11, 2012, 03:34 PM
Hello all - Anyone know of a good braider at Raleigh this coming weekend? (March 17-18) This will be my first time attending a show there - any hotel recommendations in the area would be appreciated too, haha. Thank you!

HackPrize
Mar. 11, 2012, 03:56 PM
For the most part, there are no braiders available in Raleigh as all head to Florida for the winter. Even the rated hunter divisions go unbraided there. I was told the only show in the area that braids for the winter is Aiken which seems to be true from my experience.

woodhillsmanhattan
Mar. 11, 2012, 08:48 PM
I sent you a PM.

I believe the Spring Classic is the first "winter" show in Raleigh that starts braiding again. The Holiday Classic and Winter I & II are the 3 shows where majority horses go unbraided. Mine are ALWAYS braided regardless :).

Limerick
Mar. 11, 2012, 09:08 PM
I am not sure if folks braid for the March one or not. There is a hotel in walking distance to the show. It is Comfort Suites and it is located on Hurricane Alley drive. It is fairly new and looks like a nice, clean place to stay. Hope that helps.

Horsie2411
Mar. 19, 2012, 09:44 AM
Had fun at Raleigh this past weekend. Just FYI/follow up, the vast majority were braided (manes and tails) on the weekend, and there were braiders available. Although management did have a sign in the office that said braiding was not required. Thanks to all who messaged/PMed me!

Popularity
Mar. 19, 2012, 03:21 PM
Wish I would've seen your thread earlier. Although it says braiding isn't necessary, I would say 99% of people do braid at all the winter shows...I've been to lexington, raleigh, etc this winter and most braided at all of them. As far as hotels, I STRONGLY recommend the Ramada Inn. Very cheap and the people are incredibly nice. Always stay there and they've always been great

Donkerbruin
Mar. 19, 2012, 03:25 PM
Second the Ramada Inn!