PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Bill Steinkraus!

not again
Mar. 9, 2012, 05:04 PM
Let's get Bill Steinkraus in to the Olympic Hall of Fame!
http://halloffamevoting.teamusa.org/NomineeDetails/fa82c7af-7e97-4194-9a52-af9c860023c3/

ParadoxFarm
Mar. 9, 2012, 07:00 PM
Oh, absolutely! I will register and vote tonight. Thanks for posting.

not again
Mar. 9, 2012, 07:05 PM
This may inspire everyone to vote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w2VpsxNy-Io

vineyridge
Mar. 9, 2012, 10:28 PM
From the Olympic bio page on Steinkraus:

1952 Olympic bronze medalist in men's team jumping
1960 Olympic silver medalist in men's team jumping team
1968 Olympic gold medalist in men's individual jumping individual

And I've always thought equestrian sports were unisex or coed or whatever you want to call men and women competing together on a level playing field. Who knew? :eek: ;)

kaluha2
Mar. 9, 2012, 11:19 PM
Honestly, I really thought he already was in the Olympic Hall of Fame.
What has taken so long? You have my vote.

BAC
Mar. 10, 2012, 09:14 AM
Honestly, I really thought he already was in the Olympic Hall of Fame.
What has taken so long? You have my vote.

It was only in the last couple of years that we got our first equestrian in the Olympic Hall of Fame, Mike Plumb. Bill Steinkraus is equally deserving for sure.
You can vote every day through April 9, so don't forget.

AA Hunter
Mar. 10, 2012, 11:20 AM
Done! good luck, Bill.

not again
Mar. 12, 2012, 02:38 PM
Remember, you can vote every day!

Hilary
Mar. 12, 2012, 03:36 PM
That video describes the largest jump being ove 7' wide with the back rail at 6 feet.

Are the show jumps smaller now at the Olympics? And if so, it seems we have better training and better quality horses - Snowbound being a ractrack reject - why are the courses easier?

I know the answer over in Event-land - there's been years of discussion about that, but just curious if they are easier now?

BAC
Mar. 12, 2012, 03:40 PM
. . it seems we have better training and better quality horses - Snowbound being a ractrack reject -

That racetrack reject happens to be an Olympic gold medalist, which is more than you can say for almost all of today's "better" horses.

Hilary
Mar. 12, 2012, 03:55 PM
That racetrack reject happens to be an Olympic gold medalist, which is more than you can say for almost all of today's "better" horses.

You missed my point - Neville Bardos is also a race-track reject! I should have said "ostensibly better" horses.

My point was we have been trying to breed better jumpers via the warmbloods for years now - how many TBs - racing or not - do you see in the jumper world today?

So why, if that horse could do it, and we've been breeding to improve, why are the courses smaller! if in fact they are smaller, which was my actual question, not a commentary on jumper breeding.

pattnic
Mar. 13, 2012, 08:01 AM
I think the argument is that today's courses are more "technical."

Will definitely be voting for Bill!

BAC
Mar. 13, 2012, 02:49 PM
Did everyone vote today? Don't forget you can vote every day through April 9. Considering how few people in the general population are horse enthusiasts we need to get as many votes from the horse world as possible, since its unlikely Bill will be getting many votes from other sources. And don't use your other 5 votes on the others, just to keep the numbers for those people down. ;)

pattnic
Mar. 15, 2012, 09:36 AM
Bump

not again
Mar. 17, 2012, 08:40 AM
Let's keep this going. Vote for Bill every day!