PDA

View Full Version : Clincs In VA, MD, PA, and WV

LockeMeadows
Mar. 9, 2012, 12:06 PM
I'm trying to find clinics to do this year, but have only come up with a few. Is there somewhere I can go for a good list?

fourfillies
Mar. 9, 2012, 01:07 PM
I can't help so far as place to find a list other than the USHJA site.
So far as the roughly hundred mile radius around Harrisburg PA: I've done several Trainer Certification Clinics at McDonough School near Baltimore that were great but not well advertised. George Morris typically comes to Permission Tree Farm in Westminster each September for 3 days. Central PA Hunter Jumper Association (CPJHSA.org) has a clinic usually in the fall and is typically good (last few years John French, Sandy Ferrell and Karen Healey) and cheap. Tara Dawn Hazen hosted a Frank Madden clinic for a few years but don't know what she is planning for this year (typically November).
Can't speak for nearer Philly or DC. Hope that helps.

Addison
Mar. 9, 2012, 10:13 PM
It is Persimmon Tree Farm in Westminster, MD and GM usually does a clinic the week before or after at Morven Park, VA

CBoylen
Mar. 9, 2012, 10:51 PM
Brookhill Farm in Charlottesville hosts a Greg Best clinic, although they haven't yet decided this year's dates.
I'm also hoping to help arrange a clinic there with a top hunter trainer sometime this year. Details in the works.

horsechick
Mar. 10, 2012, 09:48 AM
Joe Fargis is coming to Horse On Course Equestrian Center just north of Pittsburgh in May. Great facility, lots of stabling, plenty of rings to ride in. PM me if you want more info :)