PDA

View Full Version : Tredstep Da Vincis?

mcohen416@ufl.edu
Mar. 9, 2012, 08:13 AM
So now that the hype of newness is over, how are everyones holding up? How is the fit, in the ankle and the calf?

My boots seriously need to be retired, and since Ariats quality seems to be on a downhill slope, I've been looking at everything else. Its so hard when I've been buying the same boots for years!

melmda
Mar. 9, 2012, 08:58 AM
Love them! They are way better than my Ariats. I went through quite a few pairs of those... These are holding up great and fit perfect:) Very pleased!

MorganJumper848
Mar. 9, 2012, 08:59 AM
A friend of mine has a pair and they have lasted longer than my Ariats. Her boots look nicer than mine and hers are 1.5 years old and mine are 5 months old. If you look at them in a tack store they feel and look like butter. I can't say much to you about the fit because I have never tried a pair on. I will probably look into buying those soon because my Ariats are terrible.

mcohen416@ufl.edu
Mar. 9, 2012, 09:44 AM
Well Im glad to hear they are holding up better. My Ariats already have a hole in the calf after only 1.5 years...

Melmda how is the fit through the ankles?

ponymom64
Mar. 9, 2012, 09:48 AM
My DD tried these on and we didn't love the fit. If you have a particularly slender calf - the Da Vinci's have an odd "bump" and a little too much leather in the back. If you have more of a regular calf - they will probably fit better.

melmda
Mar. 9, 2012, 10:43 AM
I have thin ankles (kind of chicken legged) These fit my ankles great. It is one of the main reasons I bought these over any other pair. They really haven't stretched out too much either they still fit nice and snug. I do have a slender calf (but not rail skinny) with my skinny ankles so I got the slim calf instead of the regular and they fit much better so that odd"bump" wasn't there for me (regular did have that bump).

ponymom64
Mar. 9, 2012, 10:45 AM
I have thin ankles (kind of chicken legged) These fit my ankles great. It is one of the main reasons I bought these over any other pair. They really haven't stretched out too much either they still fit nice and snug. I do have a slender calf (but not rail skinny) with my skinny ankles so I got the slim calf instead of the regular and they fit much better so that odd"bump" wasn't there for me (regular did have that bump).

Maybe that's it - the store we tried them at didn't have the slim - only the regular

mcohen416@ufl.edu
Mar. 9, 2012, 01:08 PM
I tried them today, had to get new boots pronto, and they didnt fit me at all :-( They were very pretty though! Ended up going with the Mountain Horse Supremes...

jward72182
Mar. 9, 2012, 03:03 PM
I've had mine since they first came out and still get compliments on them.

They fit perfectly still. I think since they some in almost a pre-worn leather style, they hold true to their form.

I hack about 8 rides a week and I would def. recommend them to anyone looking into a new pair of affordable boots!

LDavis104
Mar. 10, 2012, 12:35 PM
I tried 2 difference pairs and the seam (or something) down near my ankle was rubbing my ankle bone as I walked. I could see it causing some major blisters. Other than that they seemed nice and even came in a tall height I needed, but they just hit my ankles weird.

Tha Ridge
Mar. 10, 2012, 02:56 PM
I tried them today, had to get new boots pronto, and they didnt fit me at all :-( They were very pretty though! Ended up going with the Mountain Horse Supremes...

I have the Supremes right now but am thinking I might go for the Da Vincis next. The Supremes fit me perfectly; how do you think the Da Vincis differ?

mcohen416@ufl.edu
Mar. 10, 2012, 04:06 PM
I have the Supremes right now but am thinking I might go for the Da Vincis next. The Supremes fit me perfectly; how do you think the Da Vincis differ?

The DaVinci's just really didn't fit me right at all. I first tried the regular calf fit, and I was swimming in it, the back of my calf didn't even make contact with the back of the boot it was so big. So I tried the slim, and there was such a difference in size that I couldn't even zip the slim on.

The leather on them aren't as soft as I thought they would be. I read lots of reviews saying how buttery soft the leather was, and maybe its because I had the Supremes to compare them to, but they didn't seem that soft.

Overall I think the Tredsteps are sized more so for people with little difference in width between their ankle, and calf, a very straight fit.

Tha Ridge
Mar. 10, 2012, 04:21 PM
Interesting, thanks. I have a large-ish calf and a super slim ankle, so they probably wouldn't work for me. The Supremes are heavenly though. :)

mcohen416@ufl.edu
Mar. 10, 2012, 08:09 PM
Interesting, thanks. I have a large-ish calf and a super slim ankle, so they probably wouldn't work for me. The Supremes are heavenly though. :)

SO heavenly!! I'm in love!!

dropitlikeitshot
Mar. 11, 2012, 07:37 AM
How does the foot bed feel? Does it fit pretty true to size? I am thinking to pick up a pair but not sure how the foot will fit =)

M. O'Connor
Mar. 11, 2012, 07:53 AM
Don't know about the boots, but my feet put in about 100 miles on my Treadstep paddocks during WEG, and the footbed felt just FINE!

Lord Helpus
Mar. 12, 2012, 10:24 AM
Does anyone have the Tredstep boots AND their half chaps?

I am between a 15 and a 16" in calf measurement in the half chaps, and between an 18 and 19" in height. But I do have straight legs which do not fill out the bump in the back of some boots (i.e. Ariats).

How should I order the Tredsteps (if at all)?

thanks

LoveJubal
Mar. 12, 2012, 04:56 PM
The Footbed fits my foot just fine; I really love these boots. They fit me better than my Ariats ever did. I love the slim ankle. It does not look clunky at all.

The only think that I can say that I am not in love with is the cushiness of the footbed. I remember reading another poster's comment about the footbed (a while ago) and I must say that I agree. I am going to put a Dr. Scholl's in the bottom of my boots and see if that doesn't help.

Right now, they are just kind of hard on the bottom. There is not enough cushion. But, that is my only complaint about these boots. The leather is awesome and has felt broken-in since Day 1. I Love these boots and I would buy them again in a heartbeat. (I have had mine since August and I ride in them a couple of times per week, so they do not see tons of use, but they are holding up well)