PDA

View Full Version : Do Mountain Horse Supreme boots polish-up well?

WARDen
Mar. 8, 2012, 10:34 AM
Tried on a pair of these boots in the store and loved them but I'm a bit worried that the leather wont polish up very well. I have a pet peeve for dull boots in the show ring. Any one have these and have experience will polishing them?

Also concerned that the soft leather is going to wear too quickly. Does the leather seem to be on the cheaper side?

kmwines01
Mar. 8, 2012, 11:15 AM
They do polish up but it takes a bit of work. I don't have any pics besides horse show proofs so I can't show you. Ive had to do two sessions of really taking my time and slowly adding layers of polish to get a good shine. I don't think they'll ever be mirror like but they do get shinier than what they look like out of the box. Cant comment on the wearing. Have only had mine since November and have only ridden in them about 15 times. ( got cold and didn't want to stretch them out with breeches + long underwear)

Tha Ridge
Mar. 8, 2012, 11:34 AM
The leather isn't cheap at all. In fact, it doesn't polish up well because it is such nice leather—super soft Napa leather.

I've had mine for almost three years now and they're still great. That's even after riding 5+ horses per day for awhile. I'll probably need to get calf patches on them this year, but that would likely happen with any soft-leathered boot.

As far as polishing them, heating the polish before applying it to the boot has helped a lot to get a little sheen on them. This isn't the best picture, but you can see that they do have some sheen: http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/423488_560422606974_53300205_31342100_759662417_n. jpg

staceymc
Mar. 8, 2012, 12:00 PM
Put a layer of URAD on them and they look fabulous.