PDA

View Full Version : Shaw Saddlery in SoCal ?

Mardi
Mar. 8, 2012, 12:13 AM
Are they still around at shows ?
A friend is trying to reach them.

Thanks

skippy60
Mar. 8, 2012, 12:19 AM
I don't know... I live in SoCal and ive never heard of them

Jumper Diva
Mar. 8, 2012, 01:57 PM
There is a Shaw's saddlery in Cuppertino (used to be one in Penngrove but closed). I don't believe that they still have a mobile store but you can call the Cuppertino location and confirm.

Mardi
Mar. 9, 2012, 12:16 AM
I don't know... I live in SoCal and ive never heard of them

I thought they used to be at h/j shows at Del Mar Horsepark ?

Mardi
Mar. 9, 2012, 12:21 AM
A search for Shaw's in Cupertino came up
"Shaw's Saddlery - CLOSED - Cupertino, CA"

Hmmmm.

This isn't for me, it's for someone who has a credit at their store
and is trying to locate them.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Gali's girl
Mar. 9, 2012, 01:17 AM
The Cupertino store closed a year or two ago. Unfortunately I think your friend might be SOOL :(

MR
Mar. 9, 2012, 03:03 PM
Yup, no more Shaw's. There were originally 2 sites (Cupertino, Penngrove) - which were actually originally "Christensen's"). Penngrove closed years ago, but the Cupertino store was around until recently. In the "hey-day", Shaw's had 2 or 3 tack trailers which went to shows in both Norcal and Socal. Owner of Shaw's closed everything down (store, trailers) in Fall 2010.

Inventory that was left went on sale on eBay for awhile, but that ended too.

I think some of what was left was donated, and that's it.

No more Shaw's.

Mardi
Mar. 14, 2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks so much for the info. I'll pass it on.

mvp
Mar. 14, 2012, 04:06 PM
Yup, no more Shaw's. There were originally 2 sites (Cupertino, Penngrove) - which were actually originally "Christensen's"). Penngrove closed years ago, but the Cupertino store was around until recently. In the "hey-day", Shaw's had 2 or 3 tack trailers which went to shows in both Norcal and Socal. Owner of Shaw's closed everything down (store, trailers) in Fall 2010.

And that Penngrove Store had been Offutt's before that.

Offutt's had been "Jake's Place" when it was (is?) in downtown Petaluma, just across 101 from Penn Grove.

"Jake's Place" (as in Jake Offutt), had been Offutt's trailer and originally Offutt's in that crazy Queen Anne house on Eastman Lane in (way out) Petaluma.

One must get one's Northern California Tack Store phylogeny right. It was a wonderful clade.

Mardi
Mar. 14, 2012, 08:34 PM
Anyone have any idea how to contact the previous owner of Shaw's ?

The store credit is worth several hundred dollars.

Thanks.

Appsolute
Mar. 14, 2012, 09:01 PM
They didn't pay me money owed when they were still open!

I had a saddle on consignment at Shaw’s… long story short they sold or lost my saddle and NEVER PAID ME!!! I would call and check in on it.. oh its out on trial... oh its out on trial over and over... I showed up and demanded the saddle back... and that when it became apparent, they had no saddle.

It was such a mess and honestly, it just wasn’t worth any more lost time / possible legal fees to get my money or saddle back. Its been years though, and it still pisses me off!

It was a great store back when it was Christenson’s (I first put my saddle there when it was C’s, Shaw bought it out and “lost the paper work”) but I always disliked Shaw,s, high prices, aloof teen staff… bla.