PDA

View Full Version : Jumper Trainers in Phoenix?

BreathEasy
Mar. 7, 2012, 03:48 PM
Who would you recommend for jumpers in the Phoenix area. I'd like someone that does "A" shows.

azjumpergal
Mar. 7, 2012, 08:38 PM
There are quite a few good ones. Twisted Tree Farm (Janet Hischer) does the A shows in Arizona and travels elsewhere. Herrick Stables does the A shows and does well in the jumpers. Betty Beran (Smoke Tree Ranch) does those shows and has a good jumper program. There are others but those three come to mind in terms of active jumper programs..as opposed to the hunters.:)

FAW
Oct. 29, 2014, 04:58 PM
There are quite a few good ones. Twisted Tree Farm (Janet Hischer) does the A shows in Arizona and travels elsewhere. Herrick Stables does the A shows and does well in the jumpers. Betty Beran (Smoke Tree Ranch) does those shows and has a good jumper program. There are others but those three come to mind in terms of active jumper programs..as opposed to the hunters.:)

DO NOT get mixed up with Betty Beran. If you do, you deserve what you get

hype
Oct. 29, 2014, 07:58 PM
The above trainers mentioned Janet, Tim Herrick and Betty have all been successful with jumpers. Allison Kroff also is a very good rider and does the jumpers too.

Gretchen Lof has had some nice jumpers in her barn as well.

I'd recommend going to some shows and watching them ride and teach. What works for some doesn't work for others.

All of the above mentioned trainers ride very well. Betty doesn't personally show much any more but she has a good working student and a good professional rider, she still attends the shows and teaches. The rest are actively showing.

dbtoo
Oct. 30, 2014, 01:28 AM
You can also try Georgie Murray at Dapple Gray Farm. She has had quite a successful jumper career and opened her farm in Scottsdale a couple of years ago.

crazyhorses
Oct. 30, 2014, 02:34 AM
Gretchen Lof is awesome and a lot of fun at shows! I can't say too much about her training of students as I haven't seen many of them go. But her horses always look nice and go well.