PDA

View Full Version : When do the Olympic Trials in Wellington begin?

HorseLuvr
Mar. 6, 2012, 08:54 PM
just curious....

MHM
Mar. 6, 2012, 09:22 PM
They are March 21-24.

HorseLuvr
Mar. 6, 2012, 10:31 PM
Thank you!

MDPONYMOM
Mar. 7, 2012, 09:33 AM
Don't want to hijack the thread, but.... DD and I are going to be in the area that week (not planned-just a lucky coincidence :)) and are going to go over to WEF probably on Thursday to watch the trials and some other divisions. I have never been to the Wellington area or to WEF before. Any helpful hints or ideas that anyone would like to share with a first time observer? Any insights would be greatly appreciated. We are really looking forward to it. :D

Thanks.

MHM
Mar. 7, 2012, 10:01 AM
^ Wear comfortable shoes! :lol:

There is a fair amount of ground to cover. You might want to plan your viewing schedule to see what would interest you the most. You can usually find an updated schedule with the number of entries in each class and orders of go at www.showgroundslive.com for free.

It's interesting to watch the schooling areas as well as the show rings, to see how people prepare to get those trips.

Also allow some time to hit the shops. There are several very nice tack shops set up there, as well as plenty of places that sell clothes and accessories, among other things. Off site but nearby and worth a look is The Tackeria, a tack shop with a wide variety of equipment and gear.

Have fun! :cool:

MDPONYMOM
Mar. 7, 2012, 10:25 AM
WOW! MHM... I just checked out "showgroundslive" and that is totally cool! Thanks so much. I will be sure to put that in my phone so that we know what's happening.

MHM
Mar. 7, 2012, 10:34 AM
You're welcome! :)

When I use Showgroundslive on my phone, I use the "desktop site" option, which shows much more information. So you may want to try that, depending on your phone.