View Full Version : Replacement lock/latch for wood tack trunk

Mar. 6, 2012, 08:39 PM
I have been interested in buying a used wood tack trunk that is near me but it needs a new lock/latch. It is a Mcguinn tack trunk with brass. Any idea where I could get a new latch. Other than that the trunk looks brand new.

Thanks in advance!

Mar. 6, 2012, 08:41 PM
Home Depot, or similar. They have a decent variety of sizes and styles. That's where I got the ones for the boxes I have made.

Mar. 6, 2012, 08:48 PM
Kelly's Tack Shop. I believe they are in FL but you can google their website. Good quality hardware, matches most trunks I've seen!

Mar. 6, 2012, 09:39 PM
Lee Valley Tools (http://leevalley.com/) has some nice ones in the "tack trunk" style.

Mar. 6, 2012, 10:33 PM
I would call McGuinn. They were incredibly helpful last year when I needed new tires for my trunk, I am sure they could help you out.

Mar. 7, 2012, 12:52 PM
I just had a custom tack trunk made. By the way it's called a hasp. You can try the following places:

http://www.whitechapel-ltd.com/category/hasp.html (a bit expensive)

Hope this helps!

Mar. 7, 2012, 01:33 PM
While Whitechapel may be expensive, they make marine grade hardware. Of the 20 or so trunks I made, going back to 1989, none of their products has broken yet.

I used the 147BH hasps on my trunks.