PDA

View Full Version : Long oval helmet?

MHM
Mar. 5, 2012, 07:41 PM
So I may be getting a new helmet in the near future and I haven't shopped for one in a while. Are there any current ones that are shaped in a long oval these days?

TIA! :)

TimelyImpulse
Mar. 5, 2012, 08:08 PM
http://www.pegasushelmets.com/

I bought one. Great price, great helmet. Fits well.

Desert Topaz
Mar. 5, 2012, 09:51 PM
The IRH Elite line has some models that come in Long Oval. I have the Elite Extreme and love it.

MoonLadyIsis
Mar. 5, 2012, 10:26 PM
Pegasus all the way!!! It literally popped onto my head and fits like a glove.

Simbalism
Mar. 7, 2012, 12:20 AM
I have always liked the International Helmets for fit.

Horsezee
Mar. 7, 2012, 12:53 AM
The CO AYR-8 fit oval shaped heads. :)

Ainsley688
Mar. 7, 2012, 09:10 AM
All the Charles Owen helmets I have tried on have been pretty oval shaped. The IRH I have now is pretty round, and a bit too round for my head. I have the XR9, so stay away from that model. Good luck!

GingerJumper
Mar. 7, 2012, 09:16 AM
I've found that IRH and CO both fit me (and I have a long oval head).

MHM
Mar. 7, 2012, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the replies.

The one I have now is a CO Hampton. I tried on a bunch of different helmets when I bought it, and it was the one that fit me the best. I also liked the traditional look of it. That was several years ago, though, so I wondered if there were any other long oval options out there now.

I have to say that once my CO became "shaped" to my head, it was more likely to shift around a bit. I don't know if that happens with most helmets as the foam settles, or if that was an unusual occurrence.

morsekg
Mar. 7, 2012, 12:53 PM
I have an IRH long oval now. When I bought it the tack shop specifically said to get it fairly tight because the foam would squish. Had it over a year now and it fits perfect.

Electrikk
Mar. 8, 2012, 08:53 PM
I spent two hours trying on helmets before I discovered the joy of Charles Owen for my long oval head.
A few years ago I did an intensive riding camp where we rode for three hours every morning for two weeks, and my padding got a bit squished, but I just went to the local tack shop and picked up some more little foam strips and it was like new again :)

kbear
Mar. 9, 2012, 03:47 PM
I have a long ovals shaped head, and have the new T-Series helmet (T2). It is SO comfy and so breathable...i love it!

You should definitely try one if you haven't already!