PDA

View Full Version : How much is this tractor worth?

DistanceHorse
Mar. 5, 2012, 11:49 AM
I'm looking to purchase the farm tractor that lives on the farm that I lease. The farmer passed away and his wife is willing to sell it to me.

It is a Case International 385 with a canopy. It has a Case International 2200 bucket with a bale spear. The bale spear is new and is heavy duty. It also comes with a 6 foot brush hog. I have no idea of the brand of the brush hog.

The hydrolic hoses are a bit cracking.
The tires are fair.
A gear in the high and low range have been blocked off. I suspect something is broken in there but I have no idea what it is...perhaps a gear.

The paint is nice and it has been stored inside. Everything works.

Any ideas as to the fair market value of the trailer would be appreciated. I am in New Jersey.

Thank you

My Two Cents
Mar. 5, 2012, 01:20 PM
Found this at www.tractorhouse.com

http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/list.aspx?ETID=1&catid=1100&Manu=CASE+IH&Mdltxt=385&mdlx=exact

Tom King
Mar. 5, 2012, 05:06 PM
Not enough information.

Hilary
Mar. 5, 2012, 05:58 PM
How many hours does it have and what year is it? Those 2 things will be important in determining price. You might try "Tractorbynet.com" A bunch of tractor nuts who can be very helpful. (sort of like COTH BB for tractors)

Jim_in_PA
Mar. 5, 2012, 08:34 PM
You might try "Tractorbynet.com" A bunch of tractor nuts who can be very helpful. (sort of like COTH BB for tractors)

Yea, excellent forum...I've been a member there for years, although not an active one. Great resource.