PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Knoll Farm Now Owns Cedric?

Secret Dove
Mar. 5, 2012, 09:31 AM
I noticed in the Grand Prix yesterday that Cedric is under the ownership of Cherry Knoll Farm of West Grove, PA instead of Happy Hill Farm. I googled the farms name and came up with a Angus Cow farm? Does anyone know the story behind why Cedric was sold to a cow farm?:confused:

For anyone interested here's a link to the farms website: http://www.cherryknollfarminc.com/index.html

CBoylen
Mar. 5, 2012, 09:35 AM
Not sure if that's true, but I do know Margaret of cherry knoll owns many top dressage horses, as well as hunters and jumpers. And cows. She's a top supporter of sport and a fun, nice lady.

Secret Dove
Mar. 5, 2012, 09:40 AM
Not sure if that's true, but I do know Margaret of cherry knoll owns many top dressage horses, as well as hunters and jumpers. And cows. She's a top supporter of sport and a fun, nice lady.

Well, their listed as his owner and they were announced as his owner during the GP yesterday. I just thought it was odd that a cow farms owns a top show jumper...

Pink Cadillac
Mar. 5, 2012, 10:16 AM
Just a "cow farm". Cherry knoll is one of the best Angus show cattle breeders in the country! Cattle like these sell for $10,000-over $100,000. And show competitively all over the USA. So they are not just cows, like your pretty show hunters are "just horses".

judybigredpony
Mar. 5, 2012, 10:20 AM
Isn't the owner, cousins w/ Mary Alice owner of Iron Springs..?

chunky munky
Mar. 5, 2012, 10:48 AM
Oh people, just be glad there is a buyer/ sponsor for Peter's horse that is also one of the most talented we have in the USA. Yeah to the "cow farmers".

JustJump
Mar. 5, 2012, 10:53 AM
"Peter?":confused:

chunky munky
Mar. 5, 2012, 11:05 AM
Yes to the uninformed, Cedric was owned by Happy Hill, Peter Wetherill. Our friend Peter died last year. With as many posts as you have I am surprised that you don't know who Peter is.

Secret Dove
Mar. 5, 2012, 11:26 AM
Just a "cow farm". Cherry knoll is one of the best Angus show cattle breeders in the country! Cattle like these sell for $10,000-over $100,000. And show competitively all over the USA. So they are not just cows, like your pretty show hunters are "just horses".
Well, sorry for not knowing anything about cows. I'm not involved with cows and I don't follow them. There's no need to be snarky!:rolleyes:

lcw579
Mar. 5, 2012, 11:30 AM
Oh people, just be glad there is a buyer/ sponsor for Peter's horse that is also one of the most talented we have in the USA. Yeah to the "cow farmers".

Exactly. I am glad he is still owned locally.

And those are some beautiful cattle on the Cherry Knoll site.

Tha Ridge
Mar. 5, 2012, 11:42 AM
Well, sorry for not knowing anything about cows. I'm not involved with cows and I don't follow them. There's no need to be snarky!:rolleyes:

Sorry, but your first post of "He was sold to a cow farm!?" seemed a little snotty. :yes:

I don't know much about cows either, but the cows on that site are handsome buggers!

findeight
Mar. 5, 2012, 11:48 AM
Unlike horse farms, serious "cow" farms actually make money...alot of it.

You have no idea what a straw from a well known bull brings or how many hundreds they sell. Posted before, have a friend who sales repped straws-she ran 2 Reiners and an Arab then added an all around type Paint for her DD with her yearly commisions. People always eat and good bloodline produces good cattle that produce demand for good cattle that produce $$$$ for those producing and selling good bloodlines.

Good for her and good for her leaving Cedric in deserving hands.

chunky munky
Mar. 5, 2012, 11:50 AM
hey, Secret Dove, maybe you should do a little research about horse owner and buyer before you post such an uninformed post.

MHM
Mar. 5, 2012, 11:58 AM
I don't know anything about cows or cow farmers.

I'm just glad somebody bought Cedric who seems ready to keep such a talented horse on American soil in the hands of his long-time rider. Knock wood. :yes:

Congrats to them on the ownership of such a lovely horse. :)

Secret Dove
Mar. 5, 2012, 12:13 PM
hey, Secret Dove, maybe you should do a little research about horse owner and buyer before you post such an uninformed post.
No thank you. I know enough about horse ownership, lol. The post wasn't "uninformed", it was just a simple question, that's all.:)

Secret Dove
Mar. 5, 2012, 12:16 PM
I don't know anything about cows or cow farmers.

I'm just glad somebody bought Cedric who seems ready to keep such a talented horse on American soil in the hands of his long-time rider. Knock wood. :yes:

Congrats to them on the ownership of such a lovely horse. :)

All I know about cows is that I don't eat them anymore. That's where my information stops.:D

I'm super glad that someone bought Cedric in the US and not another country. We need him on our team and I'm glad(and hope) that it'll stay that way.:)

Secret Dove
Mar. 5, 2012, 12:18 PM
Sorry, but your first post of "He was sold to a cow farm!?" seemed a little snotty. :yes:

I don't know much about cows either, but the cows on that site are handsome buggers!

I disagree.:)

CBoylen
Mar. 5, 2012, 12:18 PM
Well, their listed as his owner and they were announced as his owner during the GP yesterday. I just thought it was odd that a cow farms owns a top show jumper...

And a WEG dressage horse, and bought a hunter from me years ago that they campaigned with professionals throughout its career. It's not odd. It's sponsorship of our sport.

incentive
Mar. 5, 2012, 12:58 PM
Good luck and congratulations to the new owner!

MHM
Mar. 5, 2012, 03:42 PM
And here's the official scoop via The Chronicle and Molly Sorge:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/top-show-jumper-cedric-sold

:cool:

Secret Dove
Mar. 5, 2012, 06:30 PM
And here's the official scoop via The Chronicle and Molly Sorge:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/top-show-jumper-cedric-sold

:cool:

Thank you for posting. Glad that Cedric wasn't sold to Europe or the Middle East and that Laura gets to keep him.:)

3Dogs
Mar. 5, 2012, 07:55 PM
cool! Great story, great place for Cedric and I am all for top cows :yes: err, Bulls :yes: