PDA

View Full Version : Did you know the horse 'Manassas County'/'Winter Garden'?

BeastieSlave
Mar. 4, 2012, 08:53 PM
It's been almost two weeks now since the grand 'Mister Studly' crossed over the bridge and I think I can 'talk' about it....

MC had quite the show career and I'd love to hear from anyone who has memories they can share. :sadsmile:

CBoylen
Mar. 4, 2012, 09:51 PM
Sorry for your loss :(.
Was that the chestnut hunter Winter Garden that showed in the mid-atlantic in the early nineties? If so, I tried that horse as a junior and lobbied hard to buy him. Unfortunately I was vetoed and ended up with a junior hunter that I wasn't too fond of. But he was a great, fun horse and I'm glad to hear he had a long happy life.
If I have the wrong horse I'll be very embarrassed and edit to just offer my condolences :o.

BeastieSlave
Mar. 4, 2012, 09:58 PM
Yes, that was him. He was a great, fun horse - and very particular about his rider. Somehow, it makes me happy that you liked him. He was very special.

CBoylen
Mar. 4, 2012, 10:06 PM
Oh, I thought he was so much fun. I threw a really ineffective but semi-spectacular fit about not getting him. But everything happens for a reason, and you obviously were meant to end up with him in the end. I know you will miss him, but you were lucky to have such a special horse.