PDA

View Full Version : Hunt coats for narrow shoulders?

Sing Mia Song
Mar. 3, 2012, 05:59 PM
It seems like every hunt coat out there is too wide for my puny little shoulders. I don't show much anymore, so I only need on coat, and I've currently got an RJ that fits everywhere else, but is just a little too wide. I have the same problem in street clothes--it wasn't so bad when it was the 80s and you were supposed to have big old linebacker shoulder pads, but now it's a little bit much! :lol:

Any of my narrow-shouldered brethren have any suggestions?

PaintPony
Mar. 3, 2012, 09:35 PM
Yup - I have the same problem. The simple answer is a tailor.

In fact I just took in a new coat to my guy this morning. I've concluded there is no such thing as a coat that will fit me off the rack.

Do you have freakishly short arms as well? I do. :lol:
It's always fun trying to find tops that fit me.

Sing Mia Song
Mar. 4, 2012, 08:49 AM
I've always heard that shoulders are the one thing a tailor can't fix--or that it's so labor-intensive that it's generally not worth it.

Luckily, no T-Rex arms. ;) Instead, my limbs are magically in between petite and regular size. Either "where's the flood?" or looking like I'm playing dress up. I'm thankful that it's pretty cheap to shorten sleeves and pant legs, but it does add cost to anything I buy, which is a drag.

sooner
Mar. 4, 2012, 02:56 PM
I think the Tailored Sportsman jackets tend to be a bit more narrow in the shoulders than any of the regular makers.

Renn/aissance
Mar. 4, 2012, 06:05 PM
I think the Tailored Sportsman jackets tend to be a bit more narrow in the shoulders than any of the regular makers.

That has been my experience also. A Grand Prix slim may also work better for you than the boxier RJ Classics.