PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know who takes County saddles on trade?

AmmyByNature
Mar. 3, 2012, 04:27 PM
Well, I think I've decided that my County isn't going to work for my new horse, which stinks, 'cause I freaking love that saddle. But I just tried a Devoucoux Biarritz and I must admit that I like it on this horse better.

But no where that sells used French saddle seems to also sell County saddles. Do none of those companies take in Counties? Seems like they should, but maybe they really do mean "French..."

Any thoughts? I'd like to do a trade in so I don't have to pay for the Devoucoux before getting something for the County... But maybe that isn't possible...

JumpinBean17
Mar. 3, 2012, 04:56 PM
I thought about doing the same thing for my County when I was looking into a CWD. I was surprised that they didnt seem to take County's for trade!

For what its worth County's seem to go quick and for a decent amount on eBay!

Green Acres
Mar. 3, 2012, 04:57 PM
What about Fine Used Saddles, they have a Devoucoux Biarritz but it's out on trial right now according to the website. I don't think they would do a 'trade' but I sold my old County and I bought a new to me County from them. Can't say enough good things about them!!!

AmmyByNature
Mar. 3, 2012, 05:01 PM
I thought about doing the same thing for my County when I was looking into a CWD. I was surprised that they didnt seem to take County's for trade!

For what its worth County's seem to go quick and for a decent amount on eBay!

I know! County might not be French, but the quality (and the price) is right there with the best French saddles...

And I'll probably have to sell on eBay... But I was hoping to avoid it!

AmmyByNature
Mar. 3, 2012, 05:02 PM
What about Fine Used Saddles, they have a Devoucoux Biarritz but it's out on trial right now according to the website. I don't think they would do a 'trade' but I sold my old County and I bought a new to me County from them. Can't say enough good things about them!!!

Did you sell it through their consignment service? Was it worth the 20% commission that they take?

Green Acres
Mar. 3, 2012, 05:46 PM
Did you sell it through their consignment service? Was it worth the 20% commission that they take?

I thought it was! I tried selling it through Ebay and listing it locally and had no luck. On Ebay I put a reserve on it and had people ask some questions about the saddle but it didn't sell in two auctions.

I had already bought a replacement County through Fine Used Saddles so I had a good transaction with them and after trying to sell the old County with no luck I gave in. I didn't like giving up 20% of the sale price but I wasn't doing well selling it myself!!!:confused: So to me it was worth it as the saddle was doing me NO GOOD at this point! I gave her a minimum price I wanted and she worked with it. It took a few months and went on several trials but she got it sold! YEAH for me!!!

The nice thing is I didn't have to worry about letting someone take it on trial, etc as the consignment store takes the risks and can obviously takes credit cards as well.

otisrider
Mar. 3, 2012, 09:34 PM
I was lucky but I sold my 4 y.o. County on Horseclicks last year within a week.

Hunter/JumperMom
Mar. 3, 2012, 09:41 PM
Havevyou talked to a county rep and see if they can re-fit the saddle to your horse? We did that and i was amazed it worked.

Tiffany01
Mar. 4, 2012, 08:20 AM
I may be interested! PM me please.

faybe
Mar. 4, 2012, 08:45 AM
What h/jmom said. Also tell your County rep that you'd like to sell it- they always have people asking if they know of any used ones for sale. Or post it online- newer model County saddles are hard to come by, hold their value and go quickly.

LTLFLDF
Mar. 4, 2012, 07:18 PM
I have dealt with MDtackexchange for a few clients who saddles we don't take in on trade (or because they would come out better selling to her than trading in). Nicole is easy to deal with. Pays you up front so you don't have to wait until the saddle sells.

ridingmomof3
Mar. 5, 2012, 08:38 PM
I just recently sold a County Symmetry on Ebay. No problem, sold in a week.