PDA

View Full Version : Thieves break into barn after storm

LauraKY
Mar. 3, 2012, 03:17 PM
Lower than low. My neighbor across the road called this morning. Someone broke into his barn last night, tried to steal both ATV's (only got one because they poured diesel in the second and it stopped running before they got to the road), a trailer and all of his tools. Neighbor next to him had someone go through her car.

I've been told this is the second time this has happened after a storm. I guess they use storms as cover because they know the police will be busy.

It must be someone who has been in the area. They used a common gate to get into the barn paddock and exited through another paddock gate to get out to the road without being seen. Neighbor is sitting up watch in the barn for the next couple of nights...armed. He is pissed. He's hoping they come back for what they left.

We don't have anything valuable in the barn anymore. Just some tack (go ahead take it, I'll buy new) and dirty, smelly blankets. Saddles and the expensive stuff I keep in the house since the tack room isn't heated or air conditioned.

Zu Zu
Mar. 3, 2012, 05:14 PM
THIS IS HORRIBLE.. :eek: MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH !

I AM SORRY ...

Alagirl
Mar. 3, 2012, 05:36 PM
yeah, the scum suckers of the world come out in times of disaster.

:no:

ReSomething
Mar. 3, 2012, 06:05 PM
Supposedly there was looting in some of the harder hit areas. I guess I can believe it, somebody I know had their truck broken into to steal a 50 lb bag of dog food last week.
Pretty despicable that folks are injured, dead or dying, have lost everything, and the able bodied are out robbing the less fortunate. That's all I have to say, it steams me pretty bad.

Bluey
Mar. 3, 2012, 06:50 PM
Sad indeed.:cry:

Those crooks is one more reason why they declare martial law and close up towns that were hit by tornados, when everyone else would love to run in there and help out.:(

MistyBlue
Mar. 3, 2012, 07:13 PM
Looting...rats and cockroaches all come out in nasty conditions. Nasty.

Alagirl
Mar. 3, 2012, 07:18 PM
COTH ED curse on the lot of them...either one....;)

LauraKY
Mar. 3, 2012, 07:33 PM
My dogs would hear anyone on my property...my next door neighbors barn is pretty close to my house too. The dogs let me know if anyone is there at night. We have a fairly decent neighborhood telephone alarm system going...but they managed to sneak in under the radar. I think I'll have the sheriff come out again to this year's community meeting.

JanM
Mar. 4, 2012, 11:26 AM
It does sound like either someone who lives nearby, because they're familiar with the layout and how to sneak in and out, or a friend of someone who used to live around there. Any problem rental properties? Or someone with a shifty bunch of visitors? Had anyone who lived close by that everyone was glad when they left? Of course it might not be an acquaintance, but just someone who comes around there for legitimate business and who also collects info for situations like this so they can rip people off.

bizbachfan
Mar. 4, 2012, 11:29 AM
Hope they catch them!

kcgold
Mar. 4, 2012, 05:53 PM
its even worse in the areas directly hit...someone was caught trying to load up cattle from a farm whose owners were taken to the hospital. The guy claimed the owner told him it was "okay" (not)....disasters bring out the scum of the earth....

Alagirl
Mar. 4, 2012, 06:47 PM
certainly enough brass ones around to make a trip to the recycling plant worth while! :eek:

Belg
Mar. 5, 2012, 08:12 AM
I guess they use storms as cover because they know the police will be busy..

Or because they know that people they're about to hit will be inside, away from the windows, with the hatches battenned down.... no witnesses, no violence.