PDA

View Full Version : Stretching calf of Vogel field boots - Is it possible?

ParadoxFarm
Mar. 3, 2012, 03:12 PM
My husband's Vogel boots are tight in the calf. They fit, but they are uncomfortable. Is there any way to stretch them out some? TIA

Melissa.Van Doren
Mar. 3, 2012, 05:06 PM
Any tack shop that sells good quality boots should have a boot stretcher on hand. You can get about 1/4" more room in the calf. The stretcher is worked by hand, so usually needs to be adjusted over a couple days to get full effect.

Sing Mia Song
Mar. 3, 2012, 05:30 PM
Absolutely. But I find I have better results with the bathtub method, especially for boots that are just a bit uncomfortable. You can do a search here, but the simple directions are to get the boots soaking wet, put them on and wear them until dry. Then put boot trees in them to maintain the shape.

You can get the whole boot wet, but I prefer to just immerse the calves, because I hate the feeling of wet feet. The hotter the water, the easier the boots will go on and the more that will stretch.

Don't freak out because they are expensive custom boots. I have Vogels too and have treated my boots to this method on several occasions (damn getting older and heavier!). They look just as nice as they did beforehand.