PDA

View Full Version : Was the VDL Auction legit??

Horse1789
Mar. 3, 2012, 02:26 PM

nutmeg
Mar. 3, 2012, 02:50 PM
Tulips, anyone?

hfxjumper
Mar. 3, 2012, 02:53 PM
I attended both the Tuesday jumping and the auction, I think there was a lot of work put into it. They had a section at the Oasis at WEF for watching the videos lots of brochures and flyers passed out as well as you could visit and flat the horses Wednesday and Thursday before the auction.

All that being said this was my first auction.

Anselcat
Mar. 3, 2012, 02:55 PM
Also, the state of Florida is missing over $92,000 in tax money from VDL... In legitimate auctions in Florida, like Nona Garson's auction, 6% state sale's tax needs to be charged and is generally clearly disclosed. Right on the program and start list for the VDL auction it stated no additional fees or taxes would be charged.

Do you know for a fact the taxes have not been paid, or are you making an assumption based on the absence of any mention of sales tax?

Is it possible they were taken from the sales money? Which means putting a higher reserve price on the horses to cover the tax. Which would mean the sales prices would appear higher.

judybigredpony
Mar. 3, 2012, 03:03 PM
There would have been a disclosure inside the catalogue w/ all the rules listed..

BeeHoney
Mar. 3, 2012, 03:25 PM
I have no inside information regarding this particular auction, but all I can say is that IME horse auctions are not always at all what they seem. In the TB industry, horses are occasionally purchased at high sums by the breeder themselves under a different name (or a relative of the breeder) to falsely build up the reputation of a stallion or of a farm. Since some TBs do legitimately sell for huge prices it can be very confusing to someone who doesn't know the full story.

My neighbors were in the Arabian horse industry in the past and according to them there have been similar shenanigans in the that industry, things like two breeders agreeing to each pay each other outrageous sums for each other's young stock at an auction (essentially making an even trade) to drive up prices for the other young stock they were selling. Remember when Arabians were selling for millions of dollars?

An auction is a great venue for such games, since onlookers who aren't in the know often assume that an auction is a free and fair market where things sell for exactly what people are really willing to pay...not so.

skydy
Mar. 3, 2012, 04:15 PM
I have noticed ,at some TB auctions in Florida the announcer will state;"this horse is subject to the Florida state sales tax" which leads me to believe that some horses are not. Perhaps depending on where they were bred?

Infinite
Mar. 3, 2012, 04:38 PM
The first horse that was sold, the stallion, Dakota VDL, was sold to Hyperion Stud. Conveniently, where the VDL horses were stabled during their stay in Wellington. The horse also went first in the auction and happened to be the high seller. Normally your high seller wouldn't be the first horse to be auctioned off and it was likely they knew Dakota would be the most expensive given he was the only approved stallion. Was there an arrangement made with Hyperion Stud beforehand and having the horse go first was an attempt to drive up prices on the remaining 13 horses?

Often times in European Auctions (IME) they strategically place what they expect to be the high seller first. The intent is to set the "tone" for the event...so I would say in this case that part isn't a surprise. The rest not sure -- I would imagine the buyer would pay sales tax, I know you do in Kentucky.

DMK
Mar. 3, 2012, 07:49 PM
Why ever would you NOT put the select sale horses first?

Hello? Take a page from the books of people who actually have a clue about this sort of thing...

sfstable
Mar. 3, 2012, 09:40 PM
I have noticed ,at some TB auctions in Florida the announcer will state;"this horse is subject to the Florida state sales tax" which leads me to believe that some horses are not. Perhaps depending on where they were bred?

It depends on who is the current owner / seller. For example, if a yearling is being sold by it's breeder it is not subject to sales tax, but if a yearling has previously been sold and is being sold again (pinhooking) then it is subject to FL sales tax.

Also, breeding stock (ie. broodmare) are not subject to sales tax, racing stock is. So it also depends if a mare is being sold as a broodmare prospect or as a racing prospect.

skydy
Mar. 3, 2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks sfstable, that clears things up. :)

Equibrit
Mar. 3, 2012, 10:33 PM
Did anyone else think it was suspicious that the average price of horses from the auction last year more than doubled? Yes, horses do generally sell for more in Wellington than in Ocala but not THAT drastic of an increase. The economy may be slightly better than last winter but it hasn't picked up to that extent.

The first horse that was sold, the stallion, Dakota VDL, was sold to Hyperion Stud. Conveniently, where the VDL horses were stabled during their stay in Wellington. The horse also went first in the auction and happened to be the high seller. Normally your high seller wouldn't be the first horse to be auctioned off and it was likely they knew Dakota would be the most expensive given he was the only approved stallion. Was there an arrangement made with Hyperion Stud beforehand and having the horse go first was an attempt to drive up prices on the remaining 13 horses?

Also, the state of Florida is missing over $92,000 in tax money from VDL... In legitimate auctions in Florida, like Nona Garson's auction, 6% state sale's tax needs to be charged and is generally clearly disclosed. Right on the program and start list for the VDL auction it stated no additional fees or taxes would be charged.

Although quality young jumpers, over $100,000 for just turned 4 year old geldings that have been under tack for 3 months is absurd. Was this all just an attempt to raise the price of young horses, specifically VDL horses, during a poor economy??

On the back of the VDL brochure where all the horses have free jumping pictures Dorado and Dundee have pictures from a different auction in the Netherlands where they were apparently sold...things that make you go "hmm"

The character from Atlanta running the auction isn't exactly an upstanding citizen in his own community. I personally can't think of anyone better to run a scam than JPG.

Thoughts...?

TROLL.

Serah
Mar. 3, 2012, 10:56 PM
are the sale prices to be found anywhere??

Credosporthorses
Mar. 3, 2012, 11:52 PM
I know they posted them on their FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/vdlauction?sk=wall

Eventer13
Mar. 4, 2012, 10:15 AM
TROLL.

That may be, but over $100k for an unproven 4 yr old does sound a little outrageous to me. I wonder who bought him.

alibi_18
Mar. 4, 2012, 10:25 AM
That may be, but over $100k for an unproven 4 yr old does sound a little outrageous to me. I wonder who bought him.

Why do you care? No one is forcing anyone to buy it .

There was a foal (A la Dressage) sold at 200k € not so long ago...

ETA: Ditto Equibrit : Troll

findeight
Mar. 4, 2012, 10:32 AM
dontcha think Horseshowdive or another gossip site where accusations and innuendo are the only way to go would be a better place for this?

BeeHoney
Mar. 4, 2012, 10:45 AM
Actually, I disagree.
I'm thrilled to see young sporthorses selling so well. However, being familiar with what CAN happen at horse auctions, I think that questioning the legitimacy of a horse auction with unusually high sale prices is a relevant and appropriate discussion. Most likely everything was completely above board. VDL certainly has the reputation to sell quality young stock at extravagant prices if anyone does. Still, I think that questioning is very reasonable and appropriate.

Isabeau Z Solace
Mar. 4, 2012, 11:09 AM
Actually, I disagree.
I'm thrilled to see young sporthorses selling so well. However, being familiar with what CAN happen at horse auctions, I think that questioning the legitimacy of a horse auction with unusually high sale prices is a relevant and appropriate discussion. Most likely everything was completely above board. VDL certainly has the reputation to sell quality young stock at extravagant prices if anyone does. Still, I think that questioning is very reasonable and appropriate.

I agree.

JustJump
Mar. 4, 2012, 12:04 PM
Questioning is one thing.

Inventing an anonymous screen name and putting forward this question as your first COTH post?

That has TROLL written all over it, and throws the whole 'question' into question.

TheJenners
Mar. 4, 2012, 03:49 PM
And now someone will question you questioning the question!

findeight
Mar. 4, 2012, 04:08 PM
It's just that the OP here pretty much comes right out and says there is a delibrate attempt at tax evasion. Stated as pure and established fact. Later poster clarified who does and who does not have to pay tax at horse sales in Fl...but...that accusation still stands.

Many breeder sales I have been to are not random lots drawn out of a hat to determine sales order at all-there is a specific reason for the order to generate the most interest and OF COURSE they are trying to sell for as much as they can get. That's the idea.

Far as prices? This year has been alot better then the last few, business is brisk for nicely prepared and presented animals.

Wise to remember buyer beware but this has an odor of another agenda not an innocent question and implication of shills and other under the table arrangements.

Rabbitman9
Mar. 4, 2012, 05:20 PM
Horses purchased in Florida from the original breeder and "breeding stock" are exempt from sales tax...that means a mare or stallion could be exempt if the purchaser declares that they are going to be breeding stock....sorry, no geldings

skydy
Mar. 4, 2012, 05:25 PM
It's just that the OP here pretty much comes right out and says there is a delibrate attempt at tax evasion. Stated as pure and established fact. Later poster clarified who does and who does not have to pay tax at horse sales in Fl...but...that accusation still stands.

Many breeder sales I have been to are not random lots drawn out of a hat to determine sales order at all-there is a specific reason for the order to generate the most interest and OF COURSE they are trying to sell for as much as they can get. That's the idea.

Far as prices? This year has been alot better then the last few, business is brisk for nicely prepared and presented animals.

Wise to remember buyer beware but this has an odor of another agenda not an innocent question and implication of shills and other under the table arrangements.

Yes, it seems the OP does have an agenda and/or an hostility toward VDL. The veiled suggestion of some type of conspiracy made on their first post is suspicious.

HyperionStudLLC
Mar. 4, 2012, 10:43 PM
Well I guess that I should say something although not really necessary. First off, just because they were stabled at my place means nothing more than that. In fact, I moved boarders out ( agreeingly) to accommodate all 14 horses. If you came to view the horses you would have seen that is was an ideal location for the animals. Because of that, they showed well and people had a nice quiet location to view and ride them away frm the chaos of the show. Yes, we had the privilege of seeing them daily, but not the stallion. In fact, the first time I saw him in person was in the truck at the venue the day of the presentation. This auction brought in numbers because of where it was and the horses offered. Big names were there, people partied and everything flowed. Is that a problem....no.

Now my reputation is based on the quality of mares and stallions that I own or represent. I sell 90% of my foals annually because we keep the bar high and our goal is to offer buyers and breeders the same quality found in Europe. So, why would I not go for the one horse that could represent me and my business as this Casall stallion would do?

Think what you like, tax stuff and insider trading and all that mumble jumbo. I got what I wanted and we are happy with that. Now we get to develop him for sport and offer him to the breeders. It's a win win situation.

HyperionStudLLC
Mar. 4, 2012, 10:55 PM
BTW Dorado and Dundee photos were from their stallion approvals.....perhaps some research would be beneficial before you make comments about things.

skydy
Mar. 5, 2012, 12:05 AM
Hyperion , I don't think you owe anyone an explanation.
Best of luck with your lovely new horse! :)

OnlyJumpers.com
Mar. 5, 2012, 02:42 AM
Did anyone else think it was suspicious that the average price of horses from the auction last year more than doubled? Yes, horses do generally sell for more in Wellington than in Ocala but not THAT drastic of an increase. The economy may be slightly better than last winter but it hasn't picked up to that extent.

Although quality young jumpers, over $100,000 for just turned 4 year old geldings that have been under tack for 3 months is absurd. Was this all just an attempt to raise the price of young horses, specifically VDL horses, during a poor economy??

On the back of the VDL brochure where all the horses have free jumping pictures Dorado and Dundee have pictures from a different auction in the Netherlands where they were apparently sold...things that make you go "hmm"

The character from Atlanta running the auction isn't exactly an upstanding citizen in his own community. I personally can't think of anyone better to run a scam than JPG.

Thoughts...?
Hi,

My name is Juan Pablo Gnecco from OnlyJumpers.com. Together with my family, I have organized the VDL Auctions, in Ocala and Wellington. I would like to answer the question "Horse1789" posts and ask the person hiding under this screen name to reveal its identity and explain the real reasons and behind the attack. A popular saying in my country is "where there is success, there is envy" . While it is clear that this person is suffering from envy and jealousy, I feel there is more than this here. Normally I would ignore such a childish, deceitful and treacherous attack, but because of the severity of the accusations against the VDL brand, the Winter Equestrian Festival and my personal reputation, I am compelled to respond.

The VDL Auction was a completely legitimate and transparent event.

The first question "Horse1789" has is about the sales prices. Why were they so high? Several reasons:

1) Much better market. It is not a secret that the horse market in Wellington is much larger, many more people that can afford to buy a high quality horse.

2) The general economic climate is better in 2012 than it was in 2011.

3) The horses presented in this year's auction were in general of higher quality. The horses were chosen for their talent and pedigree, especially for the demanding Wellington market.

4) The horses were presented jumping under saddle, last year they were presented only free-jumping.

5) More people are getting to know the quality of VDL horses, and have seen the results of last years auction. The horses sold last year have been winning ribbons in the rings in these years main competitions. $ of the 10 horses sold last year have had placings in the 5 year old jumper classes in Wellington, including Carst VDL, ridden by Todd Minikus, who has won every class it has entered, except for two. Many of these against 30 talented 5 year old horses. Others placed have been Cardo VDL, Chester VDL, Cavantos VDL. Collalbo VDL (Cover Boy) has been winning in the 5 year old jumpers in Ocala, and Corvine VDL has been great in the hunters. When people see these results, they also want to have their own VDL horse.

Second question is about the Dakota, KWPN Approved Stallion, purchased by Hyperion Stud, and the fact that it went first in the auction. In all of our auctions we have the most popular horse first. The reason is because if you have it at the end, people will not bid on others waiting for the popular one. Later, that horse can only be sold to one bidder, and all the people that waited for him will have missed him and missed bidding on other horses. But if you have him at the start, bidders that realize they could not buy it, will have the opportunity to bid on others. It is simple and very logical reason to have the more popular horses in the front of the auction. And of course, if you have a good first horse sale, it sets the tone for the rest of the auction. So starting with the best is a no brainer.

The third accusation is about sales tax. The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services states that "Horses are exempt from sales tax when purchased from their original breeder". There is a reference and comparison to Nona Garson's auction, but this is an Auction where the breeder is selling their own horses and not horses of other people. Very different.

Fourth accusation is about prices being too high. The prices were high because the quality of the horses is high. Prices were not inflated, horses were not pre-sold, not manipulated, and this can be confirmed with each and every buyer. The quality horses were bought by professionals, knowledgeable horse people, that understand the quality of a well bred and trained horse. Among the buyers were 4 olympic riders, the perhaps top hunter rider in the country, and one of the top breeders and Grand Prix sponsors in the Country. It is really great for the industry that prices are high as public prices like these serve as a point of comparison and raise the value of everybody's horses. This is great news, and if the poster cared about the industry at all, he should be happy about it. Most importantly, the prices paid at the auction reflects the real value of the horse, the horse that the market is really willing to pay. If these knowledgeable buyers were willing to pay good money for these horses it is because they are really valuable horses.

Fifth accusation is about Dundee and Dorado's pictures, and them being from a previous auction. The pictures are form the KWPN stallion approvals at Den Bosch in the Nederlands. Both of these horses were preselected at VDL as outstanding stallions that were taken to the KWPN approvals. They were preselected and made it to the second round, where they were presented and these pictures were taken. They did not make it to the third round and were later selected as part of the auction group, gelded and brought to the states. By the way, just being preselected is an outstanding achievement, as over 600 horses are initially presented, and Dundee and Dorado were two of the few selected. Here is a link with more information about the selection of Dundee and Dorado to the Stallion Approvals where the pictures were taken: http://www.primaequestrian.com/news.php?nid=1023

Last accustation is a personal attack on me, questioning my integrity. So I want to say a little about myself, so people reading the accusations can learn more about me and draw their own conclusions. I was born in the US, raised in Colombia and have lived in Atlanta for 17 years, with my wife and three children, where I work very hard. I have to say I consider myself a good citizen. We have raised a family in the US, like many other inmigrants, with a lot of effort and hard work, and thanks to the opportunities this country has offered us, we have been able to send two of our children to college, who are graduating this year in College, while our daughter is a Junior in High School.

Horses are my passion, but not the way I make a living. Buying, training and selling horses, and organizing auctions is a hobby, and I truly enjoy bringing great horses to the US and seeing people being able to acquire great horses and enjoy them. I have many people that I meet at shows and thank me for a horse they bought years ago, that they really love. Including many of the important horse trainers in the busines. Normally I make little money, but I really love the fact that I found a good horse, played with it for a while, and made someone very happy with it. It is a really nice feeling when you get those hugs from people that are happy with a horse I found.

I have been working for 17 years in Atlanta and in that period I have contributed to my community in many ways. Me and my wife founded a digital Marketing Agency called Studiocom (www.studiocom.com), that employs over 200 people, and has won hundreds of marketing and advertising awards, and has been agency of record for The Coca-Cola Company, Dunkin Donuts, Kimberly Clark and others for over 10 years. My wife and I also founded and ran a charity called Colombianitos (http://www.colombianitos.org/) , which benefits over 3000 kids that live in poverty. For this charity we have received the support of organizations like Coke, FIFA, Kimberly Clark, Inter American Development Bank (IADB) and many others. We also received an award from UNICEF, from Mentor Foundation and the Queen Silvia of Sweeden, and the Volvo for Life Award for our charity work. We also recently started a technology firm called MOVL (www.movl.com) that has been received awards and recognized by Google and Samsung as the most innovative company in the SmartTV industry. We received the top award in Samsung's Free The TV Challenge competition.

I have personally received several awards in my community, including Atlanta Marketer of the Year in 2008, Atlanta Business Chronicle 40 under 40 Award, Atlanta Pacesetter Award, Partners in the Promise Award by Coca-Cola, the Volvo for Life Award and was a finalist in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.

Its not nice to talk about yourself, but in this case I felt I had to clarify that indeed I am a good citizen, and everything I do is transparent and legitimate, including the Auctions I organize for VDL. On the other hand, the anonymous post created by "Horse1789" is absolutely the opposite of transparent and legitimate.

If you want to read about the auction, and what really happened, take a look at a very nice publication I found this morning: http://www.proequest.com/news/2012/03/01/presentation-of-vdl-horses-makes-for-a-classy-auction-ambiance

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions about the auction, or anything else, please feel free to call me at 404-784-1002 or email me at jpg(at)movl.com.

Juan Pablo Gnecco

OnlyJumpers.com
Mar. 5, 2012, 02:43 AM

Thoughts...?
Hi,

My name is Juan Pablo Gnecco from OnlyJumpers.com. Together with my family, I have organized the VDL Auctions, in Ocala and Wellington. I would like to answer the question "Horse1789" posts and ask the person hiding under this screen name to reveal its identity and explain the real reasons and behind the attack. A popular saying in my country is "where there is success, there is envy" . While it is clear that this person is suffering from envy and jealousy, I feel there is more than this here. Normally I would ignore such a childish, deceitful and treacherous attack, but because of the severity of the accusations against the VDL brand, the Winter Equestrian Festival and my personal reputation, I am compelled to respond.

The VDL Auction was a completely legitimate and transparent event.

The first question "Horse1789" has is about the sales prices. Why were they so high? Several reasons:

1) Much better market. It is not a secret that the horse market in Wellington is much larger, many more people that can afford to buy a high quality horse.

2) The general economic climate is better in 2012 than it was in 2011.

3) The horses presented in this year's auction were in general of higher quality. The horses were chosen for their talent and pedigree, especially for the demanding Wellington market.

4) The horses were presented jumping under saddle, last year they were presented only free-jumping.

5) More people are getting to know the quality of VDL horses, and have seen the results of last years auction. The horses sold last year have been winning ribbons in the rings in these years main competitions. $ of the 10 horses sold last year have had placings in the 5 year old jumper classes in Wellington, including Carst VDL, ridden by Todd Minikus, who has won every class it has entered, except for two. Many of these against 30 talented 5 year old horses. Others placed have been Cardo VDL, Chester VDL, Cavantos VDL. Collalbo VDL (Cover Boy) has been winning in the 5 year old jumpers in Ocala, and Corvine VDL has been great in the hunters. When people see these results, they also want to have their own VDL horse.

Second question is about the Dakota, KWPN Approved Stallion, purchased by Hyperion Stud, and the fact that it went first in the auction. In all of our auctions we have the most popular horse first. The reason is because if you have it at the end, people will not bid on others waiting for the popular one. Later, that horse can only be sold to one bidder, and all the people that waited for him will have missed him and missed bidding on other horses. But if you have him at the start, bidders that realize they could not buy it, will have the opportunity to bid on others. It is simple and very logical reason to have the more popular horses in the front of the auction. And of course, if you have a good first horse sale, it sets the tone for the rest of the auction. So starting with the best is a no brainer.

The third accusation is about sales tax. The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services states that "Horses are exempt from sales tax when purchased from their original breeder". There is a reference and comparison to Nona Garson's auction, but this is an Auction where the breeder is selling their own horses and not horses of other people. Very different.

Fourth accusation is about prices being too high. The prices were high because the quality of the horses is high. Prices were not inflated, horses were not pre-sold, not manipulated, and this can be confirmed with each and every buyer. The quality horses were bought by professionals, knowledgeable horse people, that understand the quality of a well bred and trained horse. Among the buyers were 4 olympic riders, the perhaps top hunter rider in the country, and one of the top breeders and Grand Prix sponsors in the Country. It is really great for the industry that prices are high as public prices like these serve as a point of comparison and raise the value of everybody's horses. This is great news, and if the poster cared about the industry at all, he should be happy about it. Most importantly, the prices paid at the auction reflects the real value of the horse, the horse that the market is really willing to pay. If these knowledgeable buyers were willing to pay good money for these horses it is because they are really valuable horses.

Fifth accusation is about Dundee and Dorado's pictures, and them being from a previous auction. The pictures are form the KWPN stallion approvals at Den Bosch in the Nederlands. Both of these horses were preselected at VDL as outstanding stallions that were taken to the KWPN approvals. They were preselected and made it to the second round, where they were presented and these pictures were taken. They did not make it to the third round and were later selected as part of the auction group, gelded and brought to the states. By the way, just being preselected is an outstanding achievement, as over 600 horses are initially presented, and Dundee and Dorado were two of the few selected. Here is a link with more information about the selection of Dundee and Dorado to the Stallion Approvals where the pictures were taken: http://www.primaequestrian.com/news.php?nid=1023

Last accustation is a personal attack on me, questioning my integrity. So I want to say a little about myself, so people reading the accusations can learn more about me and draw their own conclusions. I was born in the US, raised in Colombia and have lived in Atlanta for 17 years, with my wife and three children, where I work very hard. I have to say I consider myself a good citizen. We have raised a family in the US, like many other inmigrants, with a lot of effort and hard work, and thanks to the opportunities this country has offered us, we have been able to send two of our children to college, who are graduating this year in College, while our daughter is a Junior in High School.

Horses are my passion, but not the way I make a living. Buying, training and selling horses, and organizing auctions is a hobby, and I truly enjoy bringing great horses to the US and seeing people being able to acquire great horses and enjoy them. I have many people that I meet at shows and thank me for a horse they bought years ago, that they really love. Including many of the important horse trainers in the busines. Normally I make little money, but I really love the fact that I found a good horse, played with it for a while, and made someone very happy with it. It is a really nice feeling when you get those hugs from people that are happy with a horse I found.

I have been working for 17 years in Atlanta and in that period I have contributed to my community in many ways. Me and my wife founded a digital Marketing Agency called Studiocom (www.studiocom.com), that employs over 200 people, and has won hundreds of marketing and advertising awards, and has been agency of record for The Coca-Cola Company, Dunkin Donuts, Kimberly Clark and others for over 10 years. My wife and I also founded and ran a charity called Colombianitos (http://www.colombianitos.org/) , which benefits over 3000 kids that live in poverty. For this charity we have received the support of organizations like Coke, FIFA, Kimberly Clark, Inter American Development Bank (IADB) and many others. We also received an award from UNICEF, from Mentor Foundation and the Queen Silvia of Sweeden, and the Volvo for Life Award for our charity work. We also recently started a technology firm called MOVL (www.movl.com) that has been received awards and recognized by Google and Samsung as the most innovative company in the SmartTV industry. We received the top award in Samsung's Free The TV Challenge competition.

I have personally received several awards in my community, including Atlanta Marketer of the Year in 2008, Atlanta Business Chronicle 40 under 40 Award, Atlanta Pacesetter Award, Partners in the Promise Award by Coca-Cola, the Volvo for Life Award and was a finalist in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.

Its not nice to talk about yourself, but in this case I felt I had to clarify that indeed I am a good citizen, and everything I do is transparent and legitimate, including the Auctions I organize for VDL. On the other hand, the anonymous post created by "Horse1789" is absolutely the opposite of transparent and legitimate.

If you want to read about the auction, and what really happened, take a look at a very nice publication I found this morning: http://www.proequest.com/news/2012/03/01/presentation-of-vdl-horses-makes-for-a-classy-auction-ambiance

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions about the auction, or anything else, please feel free to call me at 404-784-1002 or email me at jpg(at)movl.com.

Juan Pablo Gnecco

findeight
Mar. 5, 2012, 08:54 AM
Y'all don't need to defend yourselves, most of us can spot somebody who can't sell their horse(s);).

Imagine that, a buyer paid a top price because they had seen a quality horse, properly represented, prepared and presented up close and personal enough to make an informed decision...oh...the humanity, the horror of that:rolleyes:.

Even if Hyperion did not actually get to see that stud, no need for any defense at all. You could have kept in in your bedroom (and billed for it to be there) it's a big so what, who cares, MYOB.

Trees4U
Mar. 5, 2012, 09:28 AM
Having never purchased horses of that quality, I can say i just got a great education. I think alot of us probably did !

Something good did come out of the questionable original post- I am impressed with Mr. Gnecco and glad he responded.

HyperionStudLLC
Mar. 5, 2012, 09:42 AM
Well said JP. I especially like your saying "where there is success, there is envy". I think the original poster is a good example of envy.

Cheers

Ruby G. Weber
Mar. 5, 2012, 10:40 AM
^^^THIS^^^

Anselcat
Mar. 5, 2012, 01:19 PM
Aaand ... the OP is now gone. Quote function saves the day once again.

Thank you Mr. Gnecco for your interesting and educational response.

skydy
Mar. 5, 2012, 01:37 PM
Yes indeed, the quote function is a wonderful thing...

Summit Springs Farm
Mar. 5, 2012, 02:30 PM
I know Juan personally, and he has been around these parts as he said for a long time, a good friend of mine is the trainer at his farm, he does not deserve to be attacked, actually I'm glad he posted, as I did not know most of what he shared. Good for you, Juan.