PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Jumps

jumpytoo
Mar. 3, 2012, 01:56 PM
Spring is springing and I feel the desire to build a few new jumps to keep the ring interesting. I am looking for suggestions/ideas/photos of cool or good looking jumps. I remember seeing one with musical notes/piano keys on wavy boards somewhere but can't find that photo.. but I am open to other ideas, can be hunter or jumper type..

All suggestions are appreciated !

AlyssaSpellman
Mar. 3, 2012, 02:07 PM
I have an uncle who makes wishing wells for gardens, and he brought one when he came to visit a few months ago. We asked him to bring another one next time he comes, so we can make the two wells into standards.
It's not super creative, but I thought it'd be a cute idea. :)

baref00t
Mar. 3, 2012, 07:16 PM
Like any wing standard, they're a PAIN to move, but I love the kind that have lattice on the bottom half and room/a hook to hang a fern on the top half. They look great when stained a natural color and paired with a lattice gate for a filler. I've jumped these in stadium rounds but I imagine that they'd be nice for hunters, too.

For more jumper-type standards (can you tell I've never ridden a hunter course, lol?):

If you can look up photos from shows at the venue, I know Sporting Days has these great regular standards that have been converted into wings with plywood- one I remember in particular was sailboat themed (the plywood was in the shape of a sail) with a wave-shaped filler on the bottom (12' long, 1' high, about 1" thick and with feet). I imagine that their "wing" standards would be easier to move than a traditional one.

Once again I'm sure it'd be a pain to move if you made it in wood, but Burlingham sports makes a neat two-step flower box. I like the idea of having taller flowers for fillers.

Finally Jump4Joy has some really cool jump ideas. I looked up their catalog (http://www.hitechhorsejumps.com/jump4joy.html) and it has the music note you mentioned along with some other ones that I've seen variations of in wood at horse shows. I've jumped the chess heads, only they were silhouetted in plywood on the standard wings and paired with a chessboard-painted wall. FENCE has red, white, and blue horse heads, but theirs are cooler- it's a jumping horse silhouette. I'm sure Hoofclix has photos of those on their website.

Good luck!

veetiepony
Mar. 4, 2012, 01:28 PM
I love the look of the jumps that look like birch trees with maybe some pink flowers and dark green foliage.