View Full Version : What IS it? Trailer part - PIC added

Mar. 2, 2012, 07:18 PM
This piece just broke on my trailer and I would like to replace it, however I do not not its name nor where to find one.

It is an L shaped piece of metal that holds the door to the tack room open at the top. The rest is made up of a spring that puts tension on it so that the door stays open. The metal part that broke is about 13 inches long. Any ideas?

Mar. 2, 2012, 08:21 PM
You just reminded me I need to order some parts.

Maybe you can find one here:


Mar. 2, 2012, 08:35 PM
Yes, that's where I was looking, but haven't found it yet.
Forgot to mention that the trailer is a Trails West, 2 horse GN with mid tack. The part belongs to the mid tack door and helps it stay open at a 90 degree angle.

Mar. 2, 2012, 10:47 PM
How about this? It is on the door/window on the back of the trailer. There is a hole in it that goes through a loop on the back of the ramp securing the two together.

Mar. 2, 2012, 10:48 PM
Just to be clear, this part is all metal and all one piece.
The "arm" part is about 13"


Jazzy's mom
Mar. 2, 2012, 11:00 PM
Could you just take it to a welding shop and have it tacked back together?

Mar. 4, 2012, 03:38 PM
Just call Trails West and ask them for a replacement part. I know my Bee manufacturer always is good for calling when I need parts for my trailer....

Mar. 4, 2012, 08:36 PM
^ this. Just contact the manufacturer, they'll know what piece you're referring to and they can send a replacement :)

Mar. 8, 2012, 04:05 PM
I see I have stumped COTH again... ;)

I am heading to the Horse Expo this week end, so will inquire with the trailer reps.

Mar. 11, 2012, 11:28 AM
Looks to me like one of the "bars" to your trailer window.