PDA

View Full Version : rabbit repellent?

LisaW-B
Mar. 2, 2012, 11:59 AM
We have a lot of wild cottontails on and all around our property, which I enjoy having around quite a bit, but sometimes ... baby bunnies try to go swimming in our pool. And baby bunnies aren't very good swimmers. :( We can't keep the rabbits out of our backyard, but is there something nontoxic/on the organic side of things that we could spray or spread all around the swimming pool to try to help them stay away from it?

oliverreed
Mar. 2, 2012, 12:09 PM
I don't have a solution but will be eagerly awaiting one. We have lots of bunnies, too, and just put in a pool this past fall. In the past at my other house I had this same problem with chipmunks . . . . .

rugbygirl
Mar. 2, 2012, 12:24 PM
I hope I'm not the only one who saw the title and immediately thought:

"katarine"

LisaW-B
Mar. 2, 2012, 02:38 PM
I don't get the reference, but I can probably guess.

In addition, no, a JRT is not what I'm looking for, lol, although I suppose that could be considered an organic solution!

JanM
Mar. 2, 2012, 03:02 PM
I think a really tight commercial pool cover would be the only solution, and that's only if it fits tightly between the cover and the pool deck.

kookicat
Mar. 2, 2012, 05:51 PM
You could make a fence to go around it when it's not in use. A few rolls of small hole wire mesh and some supports in the corners and middle would work. Might not look very pretty though.