PDA

View Full Version : Special Hunter Class?

JumpingAddict93
Mar. 2, 2012, 09:50 AM
So ive probably showed in it before but i was wondering whatexactly is a special hunters class...ik there is the flat and over fences...but like green classes are for green horses or riders...whats the special hunters class for?:confused:

JBCool
Mar. 2, 2012, 11:27 AM
I don't know about your area, but in our local association we have a Special Adult and Special Children's divisions: just 2'6" versions of Adult and Children's hunters. The special is just a way to name them as separate divisions from the 3' version. They are year-end divisions for our association, too.

Sometimes we'll also have a Special Hunter at a bigger show, usually a 2'6" open-to-anyone/anything division. Kind of a built in schooling division. Hope this helps!

JumpingAddict93
Mar. 2, 2012, 01:11 PM
Ok that helps...im sure its the same

babecakes
Mar. 2, 2012, 01:16 PM
Like Special Ed ?? :lol: That would be a good name for a horse by the way.

or that southern GBYH - 'you're so speeeshil.'

westie55
Mar. 2, 2012, 01:22 PM
special hunter is not a rated division so its specs (fence height, restrictions, etc.) will vary from show to show. The best thing to do is look at a specific prizelist and determine if it is the right division for you! Most hunter divisions have 2-3 jumping classes (for a one day show) and a flat class. Good luck!

overthemoon
Mar. 2, 2012, 01:27 PM
Like Special Ed ?? :lol: That would be a good name for a horse by the way.

That name is very much taken. ;)

Jill Henselwood & Special Ed (http://www.hitsshows.com/images/2009/ca_wk5_sungp_jump.jpg)

JBCool
Mar. 2, 2012, 02:30 PM
Like Special Ed ??

My trainer once got chewed out by a lady for making fun of special education with this division. Apparently, she read Special Adult (or Sp. Ad.) wrong. Trainer finally got it explained to her.

JumpingAddict93
Mar. 2, 2012, 02:40 PM
Westie that makes sense...it will just be a local schooling show...it will be my mares first show so i was figuring out what classes i wanted to enter her in...besides the green class.