PDA

View Full Version : Spin-off: Paddock boots on a budget

overthemoon
Mar. 1, 2012, 01:25 PM
Looking for advice for paddock boots that A) aren't terribly expensive, and B) will stand up to some wear and tear.

TIA :)

fordtraktor
Mar. 1, 2012, 02:14 PM
Try the Legacy Tack sale. I got a pair of Ariat Devon Pros for a very reasonable price. I know some dislike Ariat but I have always been pleased with the quality and I am a boot abuser.

overthemoon
Mar. 1, 2012, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure if I want to try Ariats (again - when I was a kid they were all I wore, but a lot has changed), as I've had so many people say how the quality and customer service suck. I currently ride in Blundstones and love them (so durable!), but they are a little too bulky for my taste.

Thanks for the tip on Legacy; I'll take a look but I'm not sure if shipping to Canada will be worthwhile.

Crazy-Pony
Mar. 1, 2012, 05:40 PM
Defiantly try the Ariats again! The quality and customer service are both pretty good.

runninhigh
Mar. 1, 2012, 06:16 PM
I have had ariat paddock boots for almost 4 years now. Love them, and I got them from Dover during one of there sales online.

HappyHorselover
Mar. 1, 2012, 07:21 PM
I like my Dublins. They are like $60 and last me a good 2-3 years of 5-6 rides/week.

http://www.victorycanter.com/Dublin-Reserve-Lace-Boots-p-20255.html

Opus1
Mar. 1, 2012, 07:48 PM
I've been wearing the men's Ariat Heritage III (Lace) for the past 14 months and they're holding up very well. Took a couple weeks for them to break in, but I've abused them, rarely clean or condition them, and they're holding up pretty darn good.

Of course, I only ride 1-2x a week, but they're doing great.

twinkle
Mar. 4, 2012, 09:59 AM
Equistar. They are built well and around $42. They are not leather but you can't tell. Comfy.

sooner
Mar. 4, 2012, 02:53 PM
Have a look at the Tredstep paddocks boots. Very comfy, durable, attractive and $99.50!

Tiffani B
Mar. 4, 2012, 03:07 PM
I love my Justins. I've had them for 4 years and they look brand new. Seriously - I'm amazed. I had to replace the laces a few months ago but other than that, they're awesome.