PDA

View Full Version : USEF/USHJA Non-member fee?

Nottingham
Mar. 1, 2012, 11:53 AM
Quick question, is the $30 per show non-member fee for BOTH USEF and USHJA or is it per organization (ie $60 per show)?

Not sure if I'll be able to show more than once or twice this year, and the USeless Hunter Jumper Association's increased dues this year are a little hard to stomach.

Thanks!

Tha Ridge
Mar. 1, 2012, 12:03 PM
$60 per show. $30 to USEF, $30 to USHJA, and remember that if you're an ammy, you have to pay like $25 or something for their amateur card—even if you don't want to join.

Cheaper just to join. If you're showing twice, it's paid for.

Dana
Mar. 1, 2012, 12:14 PM
If you're going to do more than a couple of shows a year, it really does become more cost-efficient to just join. When I'm working in the show office, we having this conversation with a lot of people, especially at the beginning of the year.

EAY
Mar. 1, 2012, 01:59 PM
Not sure if I'll be able to show more than once or twice this year, and the USeless Hunter Jumper Association's increased dues this year are a little hard to stomach.

Imagine how crummy it is when you have a child you would like to take her pony in SS or local hunters at a couple of A shows. They don't even offer a discount for juniors, and it's hard to rationalize paying $125 on top of all the other added fees.

I know USEF has the opportunity classes program, but none of the shows in this area seem to offer these. Why aren't more of the non-rated classes "opportunity" classes?