PDA

View Full Version : Stables in Albany NY area

nenetx
Feb. 29, 2012, 09:22 PM
Due to circumstances waaaay beyond my control, it looks like I'll be relocating from Austin, TX back to Albany, NY where I grew up. I've been riding with Janet Christie and can't imagine I'd be able to find anyone better (I know I'm a bit biased so don't "flame" me ;)). I'm an older rider (close to 50) and I've been consistently jumping 2'3". I don't own a horse....yet but I'd like to find a reputable stable in the Albany area that understands an older rider. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jeanne

Linny
Feb. 29, 2012, 09:30 PM
There is another Capital District thread going, and it's pleasantly peaceful.

Do you know where you might be looking and how far you want to drive. Will you be bringing a horse and id so what requirements do you have for him? Hunters? Jumpers? Showing?
Did you ride here before?

nenetx
Feb. 29, 2012, 09:35 PM
I'm just outside of Albany and willing to drive (having lived in Texas, I'm used to things being spread out). I won't be bringing a horse and I've fallen in love with hunters and have done some small shows in the Austin area. I started riding here in Texas.

I found a Capital District thread and I've been going through it in hopes of finding a good prospect.

Jeanne

boosma47
Mar. 1, 2012, 05:03 PM
And don't rule out a short trip to the East, to Berkshire County. There are several barns which might fit your needs. PM me if you'd like some names!

TB7
Mar. 4, 2012, 03:09 PM
Apple Creek Stables. I went to college in the Albany area and know people who are very happy with Apple Creek.

skittlespony
Mar. 5, 2012, 08:12 AM
I highly recommend stepping stone stables. Nice horses, nice training, its the overall package.