PDA

View Full Version : Last minute- cheap hotel/motel recs for Thermal?

two sticks
Feb. 29, 2012, 08:28 PM
Hi Cothers-

I'm looking for a cheap hotel/motel room nearish to Thermal for Saturday night. Any input on where to go or where to avoid? I will have my bf with me so will feel more comfortable safety wise and willing to go somewhere a little... less classy... since he'll be around to protect me :lol::lol:.

Any recommendations of where to go or where to definitely not go would be appreciated! We'll be at the show pretty much the whole time except for sleeping, so not worried about amenities/entertainment... just, well, clean sheets and a hot shower! Thanks!

PonyPenny
Feb. 29, 2012, 10:01 PM
Don't laugh, but I stayed at the Motel 6 in Indio near the train tracks. The room was ok. It was a Motel 6 after all. The only problem was when the freight trains would go by at at a high rate of speed and the whole building would shake. My mom and I would laugh about it because it reminded us of a I Love Lucy episode.

The Super 8 in Indio is also pretty cheap. Not sure if there are any rooms available.

BLBGP
Feb. 29, 2012, 10:51 PM
Maybe try hotwire?

FAW
Mar. 1, 2012, 10:24 AM
Nothing cheap by normal standards in the PSP-Indio area

PonyPenny
Mar. 1, 2012, 01:39 PM
Motel 6 is $55.00/night. It is a Motel 6, so don't expect much and it is right next to the train track. I never felt unsafe there. I usually sleep in a sleeping bag on top of the bed in cheap hotels. The room was adequate in regards to cleanliness, but no frills. Better then sleeping in a car. There is also the Oasis Palms RV Park in Thermal that allows tent camping. The park has restrooms and showers. It is a nice park with lots of trees. Many snowbirds go there.

two sticks
Mar. 1, 2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I made a reservation at the Mauna Loa Motel, which was $60 for the night, although Motel 6 was next on my list.