View Full Version : My very own first OTTB!!!!!!

Feb. 29, 2012, 07:14 PM
So some of u mayy have seen my other post...i think ive found true love... but this is the story...
Im taking lessons at a stable not too far from my house. I take two lessons a week so my riding instructor said if i wanted to get more riding time in i could hack other horses. I rode a few and among them was a mare that she got off the track i think in november... her name is Penny and by the second ride i fell inlove. Shes just so perfect and looks great in all the lime green i had her in. I thought it was funny shes a little small for what i like (i like 16hh and higher) and i thought chestnuts were so plain....but we just clicked...i love this mare!
I kept trying to tell myself(before i met penny) that i could somehow have a horse... but kept thinking i should wait till i have my own house. While i was riding penny yesterday my riding instructor asked about me not being able to have a horse...then said shed give me penny!!!!! I made up my mind as soon as she said i could have her. I wanted to get my boyfriends opinion, as well as my parents opinion....my parent said not a good idea and boyfriend didnt care...just wanted me to do whats cheapest...and knew i made up my mind.... long story...
but i got my 3 year old mare!!! Shes so much fun to ride! And will turn in to an excelent jumper...shes still learning....and with riding in general she seems to get better and better!!!
This is her...she didnt feel like cooperating for pics

And another pic

Feb. 29, 2012, 08:14 PM
Congrats! Looks like a good fit!

Feb. 29, 2012, 09:17 PM
Congratulations! I wishyou a liftime of joy with her!! PS, see my siggy :D

Feb. 29, 2012, 09:33 PM
I was pretty sure from the other thread that she would somehow be yours. You must be so giddy in love. Congrats!

Feb. 29, 2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks guys!!! I am soo giddy!!!! And just want to thank collette for giving her to me!!!!! And breeches i love ur sig

Feb. 29, 2012, 10:31 PM
Congratulations!!! How very exciting. I also have a Chestnut OTTB mare and I absolutely love her. Have tons of fun and keep us posted!

Feb. 29, 2012, 11:48 PM
Congrats, I thought the stable looked familiar. I have Seven Firsts (now called Roheryn) and he's been perfect. Definitely keep us updated.

Mar. 1, 2012, 07:01 AM
Yes she left the track with "Roheryn"... i think he had a crush on her! Glad to hear things are going good eith him!

Mar. 1, 2012, 12:44 PM
Congrats!!! I hope you will keep us posted with your progress and pictures of course! :)

Mar. 1, 2012, 12:55 PM
Gorgeous! My next horse, or maybe the next.... I always tend to stumble on great deals rather than my exact choice, will be a chestnut TB. Stunning!

Mar. 1, 2012, 02:06 PM
I will definitely keep u guys updated...because i love talking about her!!!

Gali's girl
Mar. 1, 2012, 06:25 PM
congrats, I'm so happy for you!

Mar. 1, 2012, 06:55 PM

Surly Sue
Mar. 1, 2012, 07:07 PM
What a lucky horse to have such a loving home! Best of luck!:yes:

Zu Zu
Mar. 1, 2012, 07:28 PM

Mar. 1, 2012, 07:44 PM
Im going out to see her Saturday... i will post more then!!