PDA

View Full Version : Open Front boot suggestions

KateD
Feb. 29, 2012, 06:14 PM
I think it's time I invest in some show-worthy open front boots. I love my Eskadron but they aren't exactly show quality (and they are blue, but I do the jumpers anyways). I was hoping for something a bit more traditional but nothing that will kill my bank account. Ideally something easy to clean for muddy days?

Any suggestions? I know there are some very knowledgable people on this board!

TIA! :)

ETA: will look at good quality/condition used as well, I have looked on PTO but didn't find what I wanted, any others places to look?

Gnomeland
Feb. 29, 2012, 06:19 PM
I love my Beval open fronts. :)

horse_rubber
Feb. 29, 2012, 07:11 PM
Love, love, love my Veredus Carbon Gels. I know they are pricey, but they are well worth the money!

ElisLove
Feb. 29, 2012, 08:35 PM
I actually really like my Tekna's if your looking for something pretty 'cheap'. I hate the rest of the Tekna products but my brown tekna boots look really nice. They are one of my go to show boots (until I can afford really nice leather boots)

Rel6
Feb. 29, 2012, 08:43 PM
I loved my black eskadrons for showing in the jumpers. I had really nice, high quality sheepskin leather open front boots but they got so dirty so easily.

If you're dead set against eskadrons, try equifits.

KateD
Feb. 29, 2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the responses! I will look into the brands suggested! :)

Rel6 - I'm not dead set against getting another pair, just wanted to know what else was out there. I will definitely opt for black if I do purchase another 'show' pair though! I have a set of equifits and they didn't work for me, I bought them too small (S/M) even though my mare isn't big (15.2hh TBish build). A friend bought some and they always slip on her sadly...

Florida Gator
Feb. 29, 2012, 09:17 PM
Love Eskadron Memo Foam boots, they have the same type of lining as the Equi-Fits but are more versatile IMO

hfxjumper
Feb. 29, 2012, 09:23 PM
Love the T-Boots from Hadfields, the elastic is black and blue!

RegentLion
Feb. 29, 2012, 11:00 PM
I absolutely LOVE my Veredus boots. I've had several versions and have had sizes that fit everything from a 14.2h pony to a huge boned APHA gelding.

I must say, the brown looks stunning on a chestnut... IMHO. ;) I'd think black would look great on a bay.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/29685_623746639977_40600898_35690240_642695_n.jpg

Not sure if that link will work, but you can see the boots. Ignore everything else...:winkgrin:

ElisLove
Feb. 29, 2012, 11:11 PM
I have the brown veredus boots, though they became my 'hacking at shows' boots after getting the tekna's haha. However I love my black sheepskin veredus boots for shows! (though a small chunk of sheepskin has come off of it and they aren't that old and I only use them at shows but it's not noticeable)

RegentLion
Feb. 29, 2012, 11:17 PM
I have the brown veredus boots, though they became my 'hacking at shows' boots after getting the tekna's haha. However I love my black sheepskin veredus boots for shows! (though a small chunk of sheepskin has come off of it and they aren't that old and I only use them at shows but it's not noticeable)

I haven't tried the sheepskin versions... I thought they'd be really cool but dreaded cleaning them. So went with the leather interior.

ElisLove
Feb. 29, 2012, 11:35 PM
I just throw mine in the washing machine/dryer (low heat) haha.

blondebates
Mar. 1, 2012, 12:08 AM
Another vote for the T-boots I love them, they look excellent and the detachable liner makes for super easy cleaning.

KateD
Mar. 2, 2012, 11:09 AM
Any more recommendations?

Dramapony_misty
Mar. 2, 2012, 11:19 AM
Another vote for Veredus. I have the Olympus ones (the cheapest in the line) and love them. They hold up fantastic, don't slip AT ALL, and love that the tabs are curved a bit so they don't stick out like the Equi-Fits do (hate that look!) Very easy to clean too...just hose them off.

eclipse
Mar. 2, 2012, 11:41 AM
I'm using Ken Taur front boots and I adore them. They wipe off beautifully and have not slipped once. Love them! :D

http://www.kentaur.cz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=168%3A4079-cambridge&catid=16%3Achranie&Itemid=46&lang=en