PDA

View Full Version : ADT Tack Colors Nut vs Brown

trekgrl
Feb. 28, 2012, 01:16 PM
Has anyone seen ADT Tack Nut vs Brown side by side fully oiled? I Know the nut has a little more red in the colouring, but was wondering if the colors would be close enough to have a martingale/bridle in different colors without it being too noticeable. TIA

BAC
Feb. 28, 2012, 01:56 PM
I have seen both, the nut is my favorite, the reddish tint is very slight, so slight in fact that it would still look good on a black horse, and I hate reddish tack on black horses usually. The brown is a chocolate brown, I don't like it nearly as well, its too muddy looking for my taste, very blah.

Are you asking about using a bridle in one shade and a martingale in the other color? Unless you are right next to the horse I don't think it would make a huge difference. I'm old school and as long as all tack is dark, not orange, I consider it to match just fine.

trekgrl
Feb. 28, 2012, 02:25 PM
Thanks BAC- Yes, I have a nut bridle and an un-oiled brown martingale. I prefer the nut colour and it has oiled up quite dark. As you mentioned the brown seems one dimensional, but I wasn't sure if it would oil super dark to a havana shade where it would look inappropriate paired with the nut.

BAC
Feb. 28, 2012, 02:34 PM
If you are happy with the brown martingale the way it looks now with your nut bridle, then why not "oil" with Leather Therapy instead? LT does not change the color of the leather, and is recommended instead of oil by Hadfields for all their strapgoods. And don't forget, your nut bridle will darken too as you use it and clean it.

The brown ADTs I have seen didn't seem to change a whole lot in appearance, not as dark as havana, although I don't know what they were oiled with. I wouldn't worry about using the two items together. If it bothers you though, can you exchange the martingale for a nut one?