PDA

View Full Version : Interviewing Judges (College Project)

wrolov
Feb. 28, 2012, 10:39 AM
Hey guys,

I am a hunter/jumper freshman at the University of Findlay and for my Equine Judging and Selection class, I have to do a project in which I interview an "r" or "R" judge. I haven't been a very active poster on this forum, but I am a big reader, and I have noticed several people mentioning that they are judges. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in letting me interview them, or know of a registered judge I could interview. Judging is a very intriguing subject to me, and with continued education, I hope to judge at a 4H or schooling show eventually. Maybe I will even pursue a judge's license at some point in my career.

If anyone is interested in participating in an interview, or knows someone who might be similarly interested, please let me know!

Thanks for reading!

PonyPenny
Feb. 28, 2012, 11:43 AM
If you have Facebook, you can contact Rob Gage or Carol Dean Porter from Judge My Ride. Rob and Carol are such nice people and always seem happy to answer questions. Rob is also really funny.

BAC
Feb. 28, 2012, 11:50 AM
Why don't you PM some of them from these boards to ask?

supershorty628
Feb. 28, 2012, 05:31 PM
I could put you in touch with my trainer (Kip Rosenthal) if you wanted. Super nice and very easy to talk to!

wrolov
Feb. 28, 2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

PonyPenny: Good idea...

BAC: I would do that... but I can't remember who all I saw talking about judging! :P That's why I made this thread.

Supershorty: That would be great! Could you PM me her email address so I could send her an email to ask? Btw, I watched some of your videos on youtube, those jumper rounds looked like fun!

supershorty628
Feb. 28, 2012, 07:12 PM
^Sent :)

ALLIGORY
Feb. 28, 2012, 07:32 PM
I've attended a judging clinic with Kip on the panel. She is incredibly knowlegable and if I'm remembering correctly has dyslexia so she has developed a system that works for her. If you can interview her I'd go for it, otherwise I can help you find someone & both Carol & Rob are long time friends of mine.